What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Springboard?

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just finished going through the process of jailbreak my iPad, and received notification of jail breaking being complete. item number 7, in the instructions, said to start the loader application (green icon on the springboard) and follow instructions to install Cydia. The problem is that I see no springboard, and no green icon anywhere. In fact, everything looks just as did before - without even the slightest change being recognized.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok...I see what was going on. I had thought that the 'Springboard' was something that would be implemented after the jailbreaking. But I see, now, that the term just refers to the desktop's screens that could be swiped through, and I found that green icon on my last page.

So, now it is about seeing what this 'jail-breaking' is all about.

saguaro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is confusing. I didn't know until recently that it was called the springboard. Guess that's why winterboard is punnily called what it is.

OP
N

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is confusing. I didn't know until recently that it was called the springboard. Guess that's why winterboard is punnily called what it is.

As it turned out, I just reverted back to my IPad's pre-jailbreaking stage. My needs were very minimal, and I just mainly sought for a way around iTunes. One other thing which really interested me was hearing/reading of a Cydia APP that allowed free hot-spotting with one's smartphone - any data plan outfitted phone. I can't speak for the reliability of those sources, but I felt that wouldn't hurt to try and find out.

At any rate, the jail-breaking just seemed a bit much, for what it was that 'I' sought for, so I moved myself back to the 'Apple 'slammer :). I know that it (Jail-breaking) is a great thing, for some, and I am glad that it is working out that way for them. But I guess that I'll just stay where I am, and see how things pan out with continued usage of my G1 IPad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts