What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spotlight problem with iPad 2 running iOS 8

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Licensing agreements, most likely. Apple will have some sore of agreement with Microsoft. Who knows what weird legal dance that requires.

Can you use Bing from a desktop?

auntymaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have not already done so, you could try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. You'll have to do a lot of re-tweaking of settings afterwards, but it might unstick whatever is stuck.
OK. As I have an iPad I have fallen out of love with I might try this...but as. Techno nerd I would appreciate it if you could explain what 'do a lot of re-tweaking afterwards' involves..I don't want to leap out if the frying pan and find myself in the fire!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
OK. As I have an iPad I have fallen out of love with I might try this...but as. Techno nerd I would appreciate it if you could explain what 'do a lot of re-tweaking afterwards' involves..I don't want to leap out if the frying pan and find myself in the fire!

Mostly secondary stuff that does not really affect your ability to use the iPad. Wallpaper, Sounds, some of the settings under General.

What' more important is what it does not affect: You content, your account settings, your apps. The iPad is completely useable after a Reset All Settings. You'll want to take a tour of your settings afterwards to see what little things are no longer the way you wanted them.

That's not a bad idea anyway. Whenever I update iOS, or sometimes for other reasons, I like to take a tour of the settings. It keeps me familiar with what I can do and where to go to do it. But I am easily entertained. :)

auntymaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mostly secondary stuff that does not really affect your ability to use the iPad. Wallpaper, Sounds, some of the settings under General.

What' more important is what it does not affect: You content, your account settings, your apps. The iPad is completely useable after a Reset All Settings. You'll want to take a tour of your settings afterwards to see what little things are no longer the way you wanted them.

That's not a bad idea anyway. Whenever I update iOS, or sometimes for other reasons, I like to take a tour of the settings. It keeps me familiar with what I can do and where to go to do it. But I am easily entertained. :)
Thanks very much for your response. I will give it a go now

Most reactions

Latest posts