What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons to upgrade to iOS 8?

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it's however many weeks after iOS 8, and I still find myself using JB iOS 7. Apple claimed that 8 is "the biggest iOS release ever", yet it seems to have the smallest number of new features.

I mean...

-Adding voice to Messages is pretty neat I guess
-Integration with other Apple devices isn't too exciting because I just have an iPhone and iPad

And.....those are really the only new major features that Apple lists. Is that it? Or am I missing something? I really don't see any reason to upgrade to iOS 8 when it only has a couple new features.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As new security issues are discovered, they will be fixed in the current OS version. But Apple does not offer security updates for previous iOS versions. Sooner or later, that's going to be important.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know I'm getting redundant but I was hoping for a keyboard like Samsung, didn't happen. But maybe I'm in a minority that uses lots of numbers in my text. Word select is useful but would be better if you could have an option to not have a space after your selection. I personally liked the older Safari better, but are getting use to it.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Word select is useful but would be better if you could have an option to not have a space after your selection.

YES!! It seems like half the time I need to delete that space to form a plural or possessive, or to add punctuation.

Most reactions

Latest posts