What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split screen

Apple Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get a small split screen and can select an app (Apple app) but I read that there is a black line that that is used to draw the screen into the middle of the screen. My 1/4 of a screen won't move. I don't see any black line either.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The feature which you're describing is called Slide Over. It's available on iPad Air and later devices, and iPad mini 2 and later. I suppose you own an iPad Air (first generation) or iPad mini (second generation), because both are capable of Slide Over, but not Split View, as Apple calls it.

Slide Over looks like this:
image.png

It's possible to look at some other apps (mostly built in apps) that way. Unlike Split View, you can't enlarge this to fill half of your iPad's screen.

Last edited:

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't believe Split View works on all the apps that allow Slide Over, yet. Even on my Air 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts