What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Split Keyboard Floats - How do I move it?

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry - probably discussed before but my search did not find anything helpful.

I found out how to split the keyboard but then it floats to the middle of the screen. I've learned that this is called udocking. But I'd like it to remain at the bottom of the screen. I've found posts which say that some small horizontal lines on the right side of the keyboard button can be used to drag the keyboard but my keyboard does not have those horizontal lines. (I'm on iOS 9.0.2)

How can I split it and either keep it at the bottom of the screen or move it back there?

Thanks, Bob

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just checked mine. It will dock and merge but there is no dock a split. Guess you can add that to my iPad keyboard hate list.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The split keyboard is raised above the bottom of the screen by design and can't be moved to the bottom. The split keyboard floats at a height convenient for typing with the thumbs. I would find it much more inconvenient if it were at the bottom of the screen.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I guess that's my problem. I want my iPad to act as a computor not an iPhone. Silly me I use my iPhone for a phone. Guess I'm not with it. ;)

OP
B

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't move mine. I prefer it at the bottom because then my hands can wrap around the corners and provide some support. When the keyboard is mid-screen the iPad tends to slide out of my hands.

Bob

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally got mine to move. It's pretty finikey. Just the right thumb on the right board will move it with just the correct touch

OP
B

bob12603

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Ibill! Finally I can move it. But you sure are right about it being finicky! In fact I would say that it's worse than finicky because now that I can move it I can no longer unsplit it - i.e. the keyboard button in the lower right corner now just makes the keyboard disappear. But that's OK, I am happy to leave it permanently split.

Thanks, Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts