What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

paint-style app....also posted on the iPad Apps Forum, sorry.

Mike Flanagan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
What is the cheapest or free APP I get get to use on my Ipad mini?
I want to draw my cartoons on paper in black line.
Photograph them with the ipad camera.
Drop them into a paint-type app. on the ipad.
"fill" flat colours into the line drawing.
Type in the text into the cartoon bubbles.
Then email them to my customers.
Any ideas please?
Example here: Edited

Thanks,
Flantoons

[Moderator edit: Removed link to personal web site. Please read our rules. Thanks.]

Last edited by a moderator:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid all my art apps are paid for, so I can't help with Free.

I just have one comment. It's pretty hard to do what you want on any app. Fill tools usually only work well when the space you want to fill is a uniform color. No matter how they look, photos don't produce pure colors. White will be several shades of white. It takes a rather sophisticated fill tool to recognize a range of colors as a singe space/shape and fill it. You are unlikely to find a free app that will do this.

Not that any of my paid apps will do this either. To do what you want I'd probably have to use a combination of layers, erase tools, and almost as much worrk as it would take to trace the drawing onto the iPad manually (using the photo as a background layer).

But I'm far from a pro artist, so maybe someone else here will have a better suggestion.

Most reactions

Latest posts