What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop/Keyboard issue?

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all, I am finding that my keyboard acts as if someone is holding down a key when I use Splashtop. But it is intermittent and random. Sometimes it is the delete key which will go haywire and erase lots of good stuff and other times it can be the spacebar or other random key. I haven't noticed it happening when I use the keyboard with any other app (like this one for instance), but it seems to happen in Splashtop. I'm wondering if it is because I was using a Verizon 3G connection that perhaps affects it as it goes in and out of a consistent signal. Not able to use wi-fi right now to verify but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I don't think it has anything to do with the keyboard being dirty or having dust in the keyboard since it seems to be just in Splashtop at the moment. Anyone else have this issue?

Pargadox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to take some paper or glasses tissue and then clean the screen. See if thaat works.

If not, try to send an email to splashtop about this issue.

Last edited:
OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pargadox said:
Try to take some paper or glasses tissue and then clean the screen. See if thaat works.

I'm not typing on the screen. I'm typing on my Apple Keyboard.

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pargadox said:

I'm typing on my Apple keyboard not on the screen. I'll try contacting them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It could be communications lag. You press a key, it gets transmitted, you let up (lag lag lag lag) it gets transmitted. In the mean time the remote desktop thinks you were holding the key down.

Try it when on your Home Network with a solid connection (if you have not already been doing that).

OP
NYHorsewoman

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It could be communications lag. You press a key, it gets transmitted, you let up (lag lag lag lag) it gets transmitted. In the mean time the remote desktop thinks you were holding the key down.

Try it when on your Home Network with a solid connection (if you have not already been doing that).

Definitely sounds plausible! I haven't had a chance to try it on my home network yet. Thanks Twerppoet.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Not that finding out will do much to fix the problem. It is possible that other remote solutions will be more fault tolerant.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try for comms lag and if no good then go to Splashtop Support - they are excellent.

Most reactions

Latest posts