What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SplashTop help please!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
I go back and forth between a free VNC app and Splashtop. I find the refresh rate is better on Splashtop, and it has sound. But sometimes VNC works better.

Just in case... PocketCloud Pro is 40% off for the holiday weekend. According to AppShopper it's the lowest it's ever been. I like the very precise mouse controls on this app.

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Ok. I went to the Internet discovery page in ST and entered my email and password. Signed in and it said " this computer was found "

But it won't connect.

I think I'm doomed for the night ~

and I just know the bed bugs are gonna get me.:(

If I never come back....

Well, you have to enter it on the other side too and I think you would have remembered if you had. The message is probably not accurate.

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Info,

Just tried the free version of pocketcloud over 3G. Nice implementation of the mouse interface.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
I go back and forth between a free VNC app and Splashtop. I find the refresh rate is better on Splashtop, and it has sound. But sometimes VNC works better.

Just in case... PocketCloud Pro is 40% off for the holiday weekend. According to AppShopper it's the lowest it's ever been. I like the very precise mouse controls on this app.

Looks interesting, but not worth 9 bucks to me, not by a longshot. Sorry! :)

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rog said:
Info,

Just tried the free version of pocketcloud over 3G. Nice implementation of the mouse interface.

Absolutely. There is a lot of attention to detail in other areas of that program as well (which I didn't quite get at first). But, Splashtop is what I'm using the most right now.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
Looks interesting, but not worth 9 bucks to me, not by a longshot. Sorry! :)

Of course, I understand, you've been spoiled by Splashtop. :)

Well, I hope SweetPoison is feeling better...

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm here!

It is so cool in here. AC folks are meeting me at home at 11. Then I want to figure out once and for all SplashTop.

So when I get home ~

Can we do step by step blonde Cali instructions?:D. One thing I did do, was turn off my 3G and use the hotels wifi. Hope I can put my orig settings all back!

Rog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After you get done changing the settings. You can test while at home by turning off wifi on your iPad, turning on 3G and trying to connect.

Quoted from splashtop:
Ignore the version stuff

===================

To use this experimental feature, you must have a Gmail account.
You must use v1.4.5.3 of the Splashtop Remote Streamer for Windows (these instructions apply ONLY to this version - interface and instructions will likely change in future versions). Mac support to follow, but is not there today.
Download and install the Windows Streamer from http://www.splashtop.com/remote/download.
Go to the Settings tab in the Splashtop Remote Streamer.
Check "Enable Internet discovery", enter your Google credentials here. Make sure to type in your full [email protected](or [email protected]) in the Email field. After you enter your Password and click the Login button, you should see a green checkmark if your account is successfully logged in.
Splashtop Remote Desktop iPad and iPhone/iPod touch client

You must use v1.4.5.3 client from the iTunes App Store (these instructions apply ONLY to this version - interface and instructions will likely change in future versions).
Currently only supported on iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions of the Splashtop Remote Desktop client.

Go to the Splashtop Remote global settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
You should see a "Internet Discovery" listed there, tap it to enter another screen, you'll be asking for your Google Email and Password. Enter your Google credentials here. Make sure to type in your full [email protected](or [email protected]) in the Email field. After you enter your Password, tap "Sign in", you should see a green checkmark if the account is successfully logged in.
That's all, your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch should be able to automatically discover your computer now.

=================

Let us know,
-rog

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is still not working for me outside of this house.:( I really needed to access my flash drive today while at court.:mad:

All my settings here on my desktop have check marks on ~ it says I can now connect and I can. If I stay home!

On the iPad everything is good to go....

What am I missing?

Reaction score
Under experimental settings you've got your gmail address and password inserted?
Check, on your ipad, to make sure that the ip address of your away jives with the ip address that the desktop shows as your Splashtop ip address and make sure the port number is the same. I did this on mine by turning my wifi off at home to check to see if it would connect to 3g.
Also on away it also took several tries before it connected once the ipad found my computer.
You might have to manually add your desktop on the ipad. On the Splashtop home screen tap the + and add the credentials
On the ipad main Splashtop screen, upper right, the*symbol, internet discovery, is that stating "signed in"?

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Rog seems to have covered all the bases but we are obviously missing something. All I did was make *certain* that I had the latest version on both laptop and iPad, and entered my correct Gmail address and correct password on both sides... I have had no problem connecting since.

Hopefully, someone else will see an angle and jump in...

Reaction score
What error are you getting away from home? Mine gives me "wrong password" until it connects.
Maybe we can mail it down by the error message

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetP,
How about this? Delete both programs, reboot both iPad and PC, re-install both programs again, enter the same email and password information carefully on both sides. I think the odds are pretty high that you will be good to go.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What error are you getting away from home? Mine gives me "wrong password" until it connects.
Maybe we can mail it down by the error message

I just got "wrong password" too!

I hate computers. I hate all electronic things. All. Every single one.

I am going to try some of these suggestions, then I will find you, Mark.:)

Most reactions

Latest posts