What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Splashtop Help Needed Please.

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so i need to figure out how to connect to me home computer using the applcation call Splashtop. When i'm at home i can connect fine through my Wi-Fi connection, it is very simple. Although when i'm at work how do i connect to my home computer through my work Wi-Fi since my iPad is only Wi-Fi and not 3G. (iPad 1) I think this can be done through your Gmail account (please correct me if i'm wrong) but i don't understand how that works :confused: can someone explain how i can connect to my home computer useing my work Wi-Fi while at work please :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok so i need to figure out how to connect to me home computer using the applcation call Splashtop. When i'm at home i can connect fine through my Wi-Fi connection, it is very simple. Although when i'm at work how do i connect to my home computer through my work Wi-Fi since my iPad is only Wi-Fi and not 3G. (iPad 1) I think this can be done through your Gmail account (please correct me if i'm wrong) but i don't understand how that works :confused: can someone explain how i can connect to my home computer useing my work Wi-Fi please :)

OK - you need the latest update to Splashtop on your iPad *and* you need to download the latest update for the app that runs on your PC.

On the iPad and PC you need to go to Experimental Features and enter your gmail email details (account name and password).

Then, when you start Splashtop on the iPad, it will 'find' your PC just as though you were on the local network - I have it here and it works wonderfully. No complex setups - no 'port forwarding', no 'firewall disabling' - nothing, it just ...works.....magic!!

How 'well' it works will depend upon the speed of your Internet connection - from your workplace and your home broadband but it does work wonderfully well.

Brilliant...

Tim

Reaction score
On the desktop open Splashtop, go to settings, click experimental features, put in your gmail address and give it a password.
Do the same on your iPad using the same info as you put in your desktop streamer
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried that, but the thing is when i open up the setting on splashtop on my computer and i click on the experimental feature it says non are available. I think this means that i don't have the latest update on splashtop??:confused: Or is there more than one slpashtop app available at the app store and did i buy the wrong one.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I should have asked this before - are you PC or Mac? The 'remote' feature is only available on PCs at the moment, but they're working on Macs now...

Tim

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on PC and i was thinking about that too. I thought it might have only been available on MAC lol i was thinking the other way around. i'm not sure why it says the experimental feature is unavailable

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Presuming your work allows you to...

You need to setup your home pc/router to allow the connection

Follow the same principle as setting up local wifi connection, but use your internet ip address instead of the local wifi address. You also need to setup port forwarding. If you have a firewall running or any other security programs that block incoming connections, then make sure that you allow them.

- Sig - How to stop being notified of new posts, in the IPF app, goto the subscribed tab, then swipe left/right on the threads you no longer want to follow - I bleed in 6 colours

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
OK - you need the latest update to Splashtop on your iPad *and* you need to download the latest update for the app that runs on your PC.

On the iPad and PC you need to go to Experimental Features and enter your gmail email details (account name and password).

Then, when you start Splashtop on the iPad, it will 'find' your PC just as though you were on the local network - I have it here and it works wonderfully. No complex setups - no 'port forwarding', no 'firewall disabling' - nothing, it just ...works.....magic!!

How 'well' it works will depend upon the speed of your Internet connection - from your workplace and your home broadband but it does work wonderfully well.

Brilliant...

Tim

After spending hours dealing with an earlier version and the firewall, I had relapsed into a prolonged "try it again another day" mindset insofar as Splashtop was concerned. Though I had received the email from Splashtop notifying of their new experimental internet discovery feature, and you had mentioned how simple things had become in one of the several threads, I resisted it all until today until I saw the above. Finally connected Splastop remotely in a flash. Details... Thanks to you both.

Reaction score
I tried that, but the thing is when i open up the setting on splashtop on my computer and i click on the experimental feature it says non are available. I think this means that i don't have the latest update on splashtop??:confused: Or is there more than one slpashtop app available at the app store and did i buy the wrong one.

I got an update to the desktop streamer this past weekend but I already had the gmail feature working.
Fwiw it changed my ip address.
You didn't get the Splashtop browser app did you?

Support Our Troops!

Reaction score
Is that what your icon looks like on your iPad?

Support Our Troops!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308339469.263988.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308339469.263988.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 282

Most reactions