What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spilled liquid on iPad

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Search for key words "spill" and "liquid"...nothing came up.

While working at my home office desk, I just knocked over a small glass of vodka (please, let's not go there).

My iPad is encased in a silicone "wrapper" and that took most of the "hit", however, the liquid did get the left bottom corner.

I immediately cleaned it with a damp cloth and then dried it. Fortunately, not alot of fluid and nothing by the buttons/outlet/speaker.

Seems to be okay, but looking for other suggestions. BTW how "tight" are the seems between the casing and the front face?

Other experiences with this issue?

Thanks...mutts2

(Yes I know, keep liquids away from the iPad...don't drink and surf...)

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about adding a little orange juice.. Just Kidding Mutts. Best advice is let it dry out like Deckyon said.

Al

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Soaked an iPhone a couple of weeks ago. Wouldn't even turn on (first thing you're told not to do).
Left it on a radiator for three days and it's working fine now.
Just give it time to dry and you should be ok.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bag of rice is the best without question I have saved 3 laptops for clients and 2 phones. Used lots of rice lol. But it dried out the units leave it for at least 24 hours

Most reactions