What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speakers to travel with ?

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I travel some and would like to find some flat form factor speakers to sort of match the compactness of the Pad. I realize that they would probably need to be a fairly high end film, but just looking for potential prospects at this point. Any suggestions ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Roger - well, there are so many choices, so offering a specific recommendation may or may not serve your needs?

For myself, I have two small traveling speakers: 1) an older set by Altec Lansing (below left) - folds for easy packing & works on batteries and/or an adapter; 2) Brookstone speakers w/ iPod adapter (that's how I carry my music on the road) - use rechargeable batteries but will work w/ the included adapter.

NOW, there are so many other options that you simply need to decide on your own needs, the price you are willing to pay, the power sources, and the storage space desired - good luck on your choice(s) - :)

LansingSpeaker.JPG610568p.jpg

Last edited:
OP
lasllcap

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, these look like what I have in mind. Plenty of small round ones out there but hard to pack for easy travel in small case.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flat speakers: I've seen an iPad case with built-in speakers, but I wouldn't want that kind of weight attached to my tablet.

You could clip this to your tablet: Amazon.com: Logitech Tablet Speaker for iPad (984-000193): Electronics
But I don't know how it sounds.

I highly recommend a Jambox Bluetooth speaker -- portable, good sound and interface, 10-hour battery life. (I've seen them sell for $140-$200, depending on retailer and discounts.) I have two and use at least one daily.

Hivoltage

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also check out FOXL by Soundmatters...not flat but small and big sound. Battery and wireless!!!

AlexisW

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I highly recommend a Jambox Bluetooth speaker -- portable, good sound and interface, 10-hour battery life. (I've seen them sell for $140-$200, depending on retailer and discounts.) I have two and use at least one daily.

Do you use an app equalizer to enhance sound? I've noticed that the bass is sorely missing even with an SRS app with earbuds. Does this speaker solve the problem and give out a decent bass?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you use an app equalizer to enhance sound? I've noticed that the bass is sorely missing even with an SRS app with earbuds. Does this speaker solve the problem and give out a decent bass?

Some people have complained that the Jambox bass is too high, lol. I guess it depends on what kind of music you listen to, as well as on your personal preferences. There's firmware that has apparently enhanced sound even further, but I've not bothered. I use mine primarily for audiobooks and podcasts, so bass hasn't been an issue.

Maybe another Jambox owner can better answer your question, or you can google for more info.

By the way, if you're in the U.S., they sell these at tons of retailers, so you can try listening in person.

Last edited:

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resurrection of an old thread, but here goes:

I have a Bose SoundLink mobile speaker. The sounds fantastic and it will run for 8 hrs or more on a single charge. It's loud as well, when you want it to be! It's also nice and compact and has an integrated flip stand cover.

Via Tapatalk.
6d94ff92-0ece-2c80.jpg

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Resurrection of an old thread, but here goes:

I have a Bose SoundLink mobile speaker. The sounds fantastic and it will run for 8 hrs or more on a single charge. It's loud as well, when you want it to be! It's also nice and compact and has an integrated flip stand cover.

Hi DNC1968 - I've been in the market for a BT travel speaker recently having used some BT headphones for a while now - love the lack of cords and the fact that you can use your device (i.e. iPad or iPod) w/o being attached! :)

Just checked the price of the Bose SoundLink - $300 on Amazon; a stiff price for me as a travel option (I've left an older Altec Lansing set, as shown in my previous post in a hotel room - out just $50-$60); but, leaving an iPad or iPod would be even more costly! OH, decisions - will continue to look at BT options but the Bose product sounds quite nice! Thanks for posting.

Temp31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're thinking into adding some speakers to our inventory, its nice to see everyone's point of view on different type of speakers!

Most reactions

Latest posts