What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Solution for Headrest Mounted iPad?

md63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Proclip iPad headrest mount to show videos to my young daughter. Since she is too young for headphones so I'm looking for a speakers (either bluetooth or wireless) to use with the unit. Unfortunately the built in speaker doesn't provide enough volume and at age 2 1/2 I don't think she is going to be able to deal with headphones for a few years. Thanks for any recommendations regarding third party units and how they could be mounted or placed within the car.

Ripplinghurst

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure she minds what she is listening? My younger two year old does not mind much what she's listening, as long as something colorful is happening and she is listening something. She does know how to use a headphone, the problem is that the car's wireless headphones do not fit her much.

You can try this wireless blueotooth speaker, maybe hang it behind the chair, or by her feet, or something like that (not sure how much it weight, it could be dangerous leaving it loose anyway).

Last edited:
OP
M

md63

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. My car has blue tooth for hand free phone calls, however I the iPad doesn't link to the car. I don't have an auxiliary port, however I do have a cassette deck so that is an option. I'll also look into some of the blue tooth options that you mentioned. Thanks.

Most reactions