What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound levels of songs bought from iTunes

rdkendrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This problem has been around since I have been using an iPad, no matter which model.
I am, currently, up to an iPad Pro 9.7, wifi + cellular, 128GB, iOS 11.1.
I have over 2500 songs bought from iTunes.
I usually play these on an app called EQ10, in shuffle mode, but the same problem exists when I play them in the iPad Music App in shuffle mode.
The loudness of each song varies, and as each song plays, I have to adjust the volume up, or down.
This gets really annoying, especially while driving, after I have raised the volume and the next song blasts out, because it is louder.
EQ10 is the best equalizer app I could find, but it isn’t the problem, it just makes the song sound better.
What’s up with this variable loudness problem with the music I buy from iTunes? One would think they would set the loudness of all the songs at a certain level.
Does anyone rlse have this issue, or noticed it? Can anything be done?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can try turning on Sound Check in Settings > Music. This is supposed to check the average volume of a song and adjust it so that all songs come out as about the same level. I doubt it will affect anything other than the Music app.

Most reactions