What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sound controls

Wayne Block

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there an overall control for sound, such as there is for brightness in settings other the the two buttons on the case and the one you pull down from the top right corner. My sound seems to have dimmed quite a bit lately.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not really. Keep an eye on the app or site you are playing from. They often have their own sound controls that are separate from the main ones. If I remember right, the YouTube app controls the main volume, but the YouTube site only controls it's own volume, meaning it will only go to the max that the iPad is set for. I haven't checked that lately, so it may no longer be true. Any way, some appes and sites act like that.

While it only applies to earphones, there is a Reduce Loud Sounds option in Settings > Sounds that will cap the volume. It's meant to keep people from damaging their ears.

Most reactions