What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh no, not another no-sound thread....

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My mother-in-law's iPad Mini stopped ringing for incoming FaceTime calls. Bearing in mind that she's 90, and lives in Mexico, and her first language is Russian, I phoned to walk her through the usual issues.

Mute is off, Do Not Disturb is off, master volume is maxed, alert volume is maxed, Notification settings are correct. Slide switch is set to rotation. She gets sound *in* FaceTime, as well as YouTube, Siri, etc., but no ringer, key or lock sounds. I had her shut down and restart. I had her do a hard restart (Power + Home buttons).

The only thing I could not verify was the mute condition on her Control Center, because a leather cover apparently prevents swiping up from the bottom. I'm sure she doesn't know what Control Center is and has never seen it. I think she's using iOS 8. I'm out of ideas.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried restarting the iPad? To do so, press and hold the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears, then release both buttons. When the iPad finishes restarting, see if the iPad now rings for FaceTime calls.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible to pull up the Control Centre in spite of the leather case. If possible, make sure system sounds are not muted there.

Last thing you could tell her to try, would be to reset all settings. This will also set the Sound settings back to default (as well as Facetime, iMessage, ...).

Most reactions