What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some web sites cannot be viewed

Bickbadger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions as to why my iPad cannot connect to a particular website, even though the same site can be browsed normally on other (PC) computers on the same home network?

The site appears in Google searches, but Safari refuses to connect to it (either from the Google link or via the address bar - always telling me that the site has moved. As it is one of several sites I manage, I know there is nothing wrong with the site. The iPad has no problems with other sites on the same server.

hdunnigan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
the site has moved?

That is a strange error. Which OS are you using on your iPad, and which site are you trying to connect to. Perhaps others can try to replicate the problem.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hm, curious. Can you post a link to one of them that doesn't work (no for-sale sites)

Edit: Oh, and welcome to the forum!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe the site(s) in question have a "normal" version and a "mobile" version and when you try to connect with your iPad, you are automatically being directed to the mobile version which may or may not be where the link is pointing.

Personally, that is why I use the Atomic browser which allows me to change the user agent thus allowing websites to think I am using another browser or another version of a browser that does not automatically direct me to mobile sites.

Cham_001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:). Hi Bickbadger,

I was confounded by this too.

This is a common problem when viewing websites that are Flash-based.
There is no resolution until both Adobe and Apple come to an agreement.

You will find that similar errors when you wish to view movies on websites, you will be prompted with: "...download Latest Flash Version....."

I hope this helps, you've probably sussed this out anyway by now!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cham_001 said:
:). Hi Bickbadger,

I was confounded by this too.

This is a common problem when viewing websites that are Flash-based.
There is no resolution until both Adobe and Apple come to an agreement.

You will find that similar errors when you wish to view movies on websites, you will be prompted with: "...download Latest Flash Version....."

I hope this helps, you've probably sussed this out anyway by now!

This initially confused me also and it is the lack of Flash.

Most reactions

Latest posts