What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some links dont open now?

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
since "upgrading" to IOS7, my ipad now will not open many Google links when I click on them? Is this just a feature now?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not a new feature.

Are some websites blocked in Settings - General - Restrictions?
Sometimes links open new tabs. If that's the case, they also could be opened in the background, which means that you have to tap the new tab to see the website.

Since you're facing so many problems with the software, it may be the best solution to backup your iPad, and restore it through iTunes on your computer, then do the recommended reset. It certainly won't be worse than now. On the contrary: most of your issues should disappear.

Last edited:
OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ive reset the thing a couple of times but that doesnt seem to solve anything! Its like its lost a lot of the touchscreens responsiveness since the so called "upgrade". I find a lot of functions now require several taps to make them happen,( if at all!) & as for the wallpaper setting ................??
sadly Ive mostly given up on the ipad & the missus just uses it to play Candy Crush or some other inane game while I am back on my 6 year old PC which I know inside out!
Apple stuff is far too "left field" for me!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ive reset the thing a couple of times but that doesnt seem to solve anything! Its like its lost a lot of the touchscreens responsiveness since the so called "upgrade". I find a lot of functions now require several taps to make them happen,( if at all!) & as for the wallpaper setting ................??
sadly Ive mostly given up on the ipad & the missus just uses it to play Candy Crush or some other inane game while I am back on my 6 year old PC which I know inside out!

Well with all due respect, it seems that your post is way off the mark here. Based on your posting history, you have received quite a bit of help here on this forum with many of your questions answered by our members. Many members here have adjusted well with the new update. All of us have learned to tweak our iPad settings to help with the learning curve.

Perhaps a review of the new iOS 7 manual will be helpful and simmer your frustration here!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipad-user-guide-for-ios-7/id709634245?mt=11

We appreciate your continued posts, however we do ask for you to be considerate of those that do enjoy their iPads before and after the iOS 7 update.

Thank you,

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well with all due respect, it seems that your post is way off the mark here. Based on your posting history, you have received quite a bit of help here on this forum with many of your questions answered by our members. Many members here have adjusted well with the new update. All of us have learned to tweak our iPad settings to help with the learning curve.

Perhaps a review of the new iOS 7 manual will be helpful and simmer your frustration here!

Skimonkey is correct, i.e. believe that I've been involved along w/ others in trying to help Missmouse ​in the past - but I'm curious about the statement in bold above? Who is responding here? Missmouse or her 'other'? Good luck w/ your old PC - mine is now relegated to the back bedroom, replaced w/ an iMac - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts