What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Apps not syncing with new iPad

matt1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I own an iPad2 and the new iPad which I bought today. I backed up my iPad2 to itunes no problem and then connected my new iPad which successfully downloaded all my apps and data (both are on the same apple ID).

I just went to play a game, and I noticed a few of my most recent app purchase have not transfered to my new iPad. All of the Apps that are on my iPad2 are visible in iTunes, and all but the most recent are on my new ipad.

I cannot for the life of me work out why just a handful of my newest apps will not transfer, its driving me potty! :) I wanted to spend the evening playing them, but now im online troubleshooting :(
Please help?

Kind regards,

Matt

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you try opening the app store, calling up the app, and downloading it from there?

OP
M

matt1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heya, I did yeah.. And I can't install without paying again even though I'm on the same I'd. As mentioned the is only the case with a few of my most recent apps.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is very interesting. I'm clueless.

L

Lunar

I assume in iTunes you have clicked on your ipad device and checked that the apps are actually ticked, or are they not being shown in there? As sometimes when I buy something from the app store, but won't it won't sync them across until I've gone into device and physically ticked the boxes for the apps concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can down load apps again that you purchased you will not be charged. iTunes will identify that you have purchased the apps after you click the buy button providing you use same Id. I suspect when you backed up your iPad 2 it did not transfer the latest apps to your computer. Try backing up the ipad2 again and watch to see if it transfers purchases. Let me know the outcome so I can assist.
Oh also follow luners instructions regard making sure Tge apps are clicked in iTunes
Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Today I bought an app on my iPad and it automatically downloaded to my iPhone too. I always thought you had to ask it to download....didn't realize it would auto download.

L

Lunar

Today I bought an app on my iPad and it automatically downloaded to my iPhone too. I always thought you had to ask it to download....didn't realize it would auto download.

Pretty certain I've seen a setting somewhere which enable that option, so depends whether option is on or not.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pretty certain I've seen a setting somewhere which enable that option, so depends whether option is on or not.

Yes. Settings > App Store (from there you can toggle to auto-load apps, music or books bought via iTunes/iBooks, or you can toggle off).

OP
M

matt1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for all your help guys - ive resolved the issue after doing some research. All I had to do was sign out of the app store then sign back in again! I noticed no purhases were showing up inside the app store via my new ipad, googled the problem and that was the solution given :)

Most reactions