What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Out! - International Delivery Already Delayed

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
International iPad preorders now shipping June 7th - SlashGear

Apple’s international launch of the iPad earlier this week looks to have been a surprising success, with the expected shipping date for new WiFi and WiFi + 3G models pushed back into June. The first batch of preorders are expected to ship for May 28th, when the iPad will also arrive in stores; however, Apple’s online stores are now listing preorders as shipping by June 7th, a little over a week later.

OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest, hearing about the status of the store stock from you Americans, I wonder if they're not having production problems. They just started taking pre-orders on Monday this week!!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
My guess it's a combination. I do believe they not expect the iPad to be as successful as it is for them. And because of that, they did not have production at the level needed to have a free flowing pipeline.

This is a problem that HP, Toshiba, Sony, and Dell would love to have.....

Greggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad I got my pre-order in on day one - a 2.30am. My expected delivery date is still showing as "by 28th May". I wonder if anyone is monitoring the expected pre-orders in Europe as they did in the US? I read somewhere that approximately 15,000 iPads have already found there way to the UK via grey import (mainly eBay) so that's presumably 15,000 people who haven't pre-ordered this time (unless they want more of the things of course).

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad for 1 1/2 weeks now. I think their issue is that the iPad is that damned good - demand is much higher than expected. So - they're trying to level supplies out and not get themselves in a big mess.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my experience is like other peoples, the more people have them, and show others, the more sales will keep coming in. My son, daughter, and I each have one, and there hasn't been one person who has seen them, that hasn't wanted one!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Australia now June 7 for all new orders....

It was expected the demand is greater than supply I ordered my 32 gb wifi early at 5am on the 10th May in Australia. My date of delivery still shows by 28th However the Apple store web site now states June 7 for all new orders. Based on my previous knowledge with Apple it looks like each country was allocated so many units That was exhausted in 2 days so demand is high I have no figures for Australia for sales yet but like USA it is similar demand iphone is NUMBER 1 now in Australia so that shows how Apple is accepted here. Keep in mind our populations is about 26 million about the same as greater LA lol so we are small in size compared to USA

I will move this thread to international area as it belongs there.

Cheers Colin Down under

Greggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my experience is like other peoples, the more people have them, and show others, the more sales will keep coming in. My son, daughter, and I each have one, and there hasn't been one person who has seen them, that hasn't wanted one!

It's interesting that, in the UK, there has been zero advertising for the iPad and the general public seems disinterested/ unaware of what it is capable of. In my company of some seventy plus people, no one has said they will be getting one (although most have said they would like to see mine when it arrives)

So either their are a lot of Geeks out there who read forums such as this/ listen to Podcasts from the likes of Leo Laporte, or Apple have not allocated us many?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
International iPad preorders now shipping June 7th - SlashGear

Apple’s international launch of the iPad earlier this week looks to have been a surprising success, with the expected shipping date for new WiFi and WiFi + 3G models pushed back into June. The first batch of preorders are expected to ship for May 28th, when the iPad will also arrive in stores; however, Apple’s online stores are now listing preorders as shipping by June 7th, a little over a week later.

Delivery of iPads to Europe will be canceled or severely delayed if Katla blows.:confused:

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's interesting that, in the UK, there has been zero advertising for the iPad and the general public seems disinterested/ unaware of what it is capable of. In my company of some seventy plus people, no one has said they will be getting one (although most have said they would like to see mine when it arrives)

So either their are a lot of Geeks out there who read forums such as this/ listen to Podcasts from the likes of Leo Laporte, or Apple have not allocated us many?

Same thing in the states - while everyone in 'geekdom' was worked up to a lather - most everyone else was clueless as to what was going on.

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah seen the changes on Apple store but i think ive orded mine just in time as my order still says 28th of may delivery date.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's why I said everyone who has seen ours! :) I've run into many that ask "What is it?" but as soon as they get their hands on it for a bit, they're interested. Several people who saw mine have already ordered and a few others are trying to figure out how to pay for it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts