What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold My I-Pad 2-What Should Buyer do ?

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sld my I-Pad 2 to a friend(Got I-Pad 3 myself). Now, I need to rell him what to do:

1. I erased all data from my I-Pad 2-hit reset on menu(had it regiistered in my name and device data on I-Tune Stor).
2. What should my friend now do ?

-Connect my old I-Pad 2 to his USB and let it synch up with I-Tunes store ?
-Then does he select "new account(user) and then just proceed registering it it to himself and then downloading OS 5.1 and basic Apps ?
-Will it recognize my old IPad 2 as ME and stop the process ? Or even worse, start to download ALL MY OLD APPS and DATA ?

I want hi him to have an easy experience getting started with my old device(actually like new-only 6 months old0.-
Please advise as to steps he should follow.

Thanks a lot.​

OP
G

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, do I have to de-register my sold I-Pad 2 from the I-Tunes Store ?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope you don't have to de-register since i never did so. My old iPad 2 is gone, now. Help? :)

OP
G

gapman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about the original Qs in my first post ? Most importantly, if I erased all the data on my old IPad 2(reset), what will happen when my friend plugs it into his PC and hits he I-Tune Store ? Will it just act like a "new device"(or pick up my old ID or any data) ?
What I hope is I can tell him I-Tunes will treat it like a brand new device and it willrpompt him to register it as his own and then download all basic stuff.
Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think it will treat it as as a brand new device and let him assign it to his Apple Store ID. However, I am not 100% sure. I erased mine just as you did before I sold it. I think it will be treated as a new iPad and its serial number will be assigned to him....I was hoping someone else would chime in on this....

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was told in another thread that you have done all you need to do and he will need to set it up just like you did when you got it new. Going to find out for sure tomorrow when I deliver an iPad to a family member.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
each time the iPad is restored it prompts you to register the device under your account. He can do this when he sets up the iPad.

you don't have to do anything.

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I set up my IPad 2 as new for my husband. I also set up an Apple ID and an ICloud account for him. There is no trace of anything belonging to my user status. It is like a new device. I've been busy between setting up my new IPad and his IPad 2. Maybe tonight I'll get a little sleep. :)

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

Most reactions

Latest posts