What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, who will dump the ipad3 to get a mini?

gkinghrn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Nexus 7 tablet.... I use it in preference to the IPad when travelling... Just much neater and it does what I want it to do ... Much easier reading books on it.... After all when travelling do we decide to take the big hardback book edition with us or do we choose the smaller paperback?

Rather than say one is better than the other simply use each for what it's best for and be glad you have the choice...

Lack of stylus , a proper one not those finger size ones , on the IPad is a major bummer ....

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gkinghrn -- I think you are right on point, there is a lot to be said about portability. However Apple better keep the price reasonable or else people with go Samsung. When it all boils down, all the 7in tablets do the same thing. Book reader, a game or two, email and some web browsing. These aren't meant to replace a laptop. So I think price will be a major deciding factor.

As I said before for me, you will never see me without my Ipad3.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And of course you are assuming we all own two different sized tablets?

In the real world, most people own 1 so we use the one we own.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't plan on trading my 27" desktop monitor for a 20" monitor..... I don't plan on trading my 46 inch plasma TV for a 32 inch model.. I certainly don't want to trade my iPad with a 9.7 inch screen for one with a 7.9" screen :)

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I think Apple should do something for those of us that upgraded to the iPad 3. I mean a couple of months after they come out with the "3", they come out with 4?

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
funny I felt the same way when I saw that, they should do something for us 3'ers. I wonder what they were thinking, they kinda slapped us new adopters in the face. However I imagine they will come out with a new tweak in March. Setting that aside, I really don't need anything else to cause me to upgrade or change. So unless they come out with expandable USB Mini slot. So I will keep my now old slow antique Ipad 3. I guess i'll have to use it in some dark corner so no one can see how old and slow it is. How imbarrasing it will be to pull this thing out, its just a door stop now.

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still like my iPad3 - I didn't expect an iPad 4th Gen so soon - just 6 months! I love the screen size and it is a good alternative to carrying a laptop (even my MacBook Air). Mini would be too small a screen. The better question to ask is if people will trade up for an iPad 4th Gen from iPad 3rd Gen. Maybe iPad 3rd Gen will go to the kids awhile the adults get the iPad 4th Gen.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I will keep my now old slow antique Ipad 3. I guess i'll have to use it in some dark corner so no one can see how old and slow it is. How imbarrasing it will be to pull this thing out, its just a door stop now.

Geez....give me a break!
I'll take it off your hands for $5 since you feel it's worthless. :D

Squirrel71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not upgrading to the 4. I'm done with playing the upgrade game. The iPhone 5 debacle( the phones showing up scratched and nicked out of the box) cured me. I'm not liking Apple's attitude regarding their customers lately..they're a little too secure about their place.

I still love most of my Apple products. It's just that personally, I'm done with the upgrading when the gadget I have works just fine. No more early adopting for me.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm loosing some love for Apple as well. I hate the money grab this new lightning cable has turned into. I upgraded from iPhone 4 to 5 (skipped 4s) and have had every iPad model (hard to justify iPad 4 though). I have tons of accessories with 30pin connectors. It is EDITED FOR CRASS CONTENT (plunder) to charge $29 for a converter and yet they can't keep them on the shelves. They are making record profits and sticking it to their loyal customers. I think they need some competition in order to get more humble. Not sure it will happen though.

Edited by Adama
IPF Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts