What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AniMoog on iPad 1 is crashing

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
He latest version of AniMoog displays the splash screen and then dumps back to the iPad springboard.
I'd like to know if it is just me, all iPads (1 ,2, &3), or just the iPad 1. The latest version works well on my iPhone 4.
I haven't emptied the rubbish bin on my PC so I should still have the old app. I may have to find out how to reinstall a previous version of an app with a drag and drop.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I received a reply from the Moog folks. It said that there is an issue with an iPad not running iOS 5.1.1. It should be fixed in the next version of AniMoog. Now I have two choices. Either upgrade the iOS or wait for the next version.
Upgrading could work after an iTunes backup and then a jailbreak back up with SSH. I don't know if I'll still have my Cydia installs and data after I rejailbreak. Since I know my file structure backing up should not be a problem. As with my PC and my work computer, there is nothing that I haven't backed up before nor can't live without. BTW, don't forget to back up your data. :)

ipadetheridge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 1 specs are pretty low for the demands to emulate. Make sure you do not have other apps running. It's understandable why it would lag and crash.

OP
Fid

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to the folks at Moog, the app was crashing after an update that made it incompatible with older iOS versions. They have fixed that bug with the current release. I'm glad they were able to fix it. If not, I was going to reinstall the older version that worked. It is still in my computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts