What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I got this iPad thingamajig...

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all. I'm brand spanking new to this forum (obviously). I'm a Creative director of a Marketing company out here in Los Angeles. I'm also a freelance Graphic artist and Writer. Because I work 8-10 hours a day during the week and sometimes come home to do more work, I don't wanna be at a desk all day. Which is why the iPad is perfect for me. I can sketch, write, play some games, check out the latest episode of Lost, all right from my bed. I can't do any serious work on anything smaller than a 21" screen so a laptop never really worked for me. And when I had one (Macbook pro) all I did was browse the web, and write. Occasionally it would get used for actual work but on very rare occasions.

I remember when the ipod touch was first introduced. I was working for Sprint at the time so an iphone was out of the question. But when I picked the ipod touch, I used it pretty much like a laptop. It managed my schedule, provided entertainment, and even wrote most of my book on it (soon to be released). So when the iPad was introduced, it was what I always wanted. I'll admit I did hate on the iPAd a bit before it dropped. The abscense of flash, video camera most were anticipating, and usb ports, the iPad seemed like it would be a miss. But after getting this thing in my hands and using it in the wild, I think it's perfect (still wish Flash could run on it though).

I look forward to being apart of this community and contributing my 2 cents where-ever applicable.

Here's a sketch I did on my iPad just this morning:
30672_10150182979035113_790365112_12536511_5146234_n.jpg

And here is a quick preview of my book that will be out soon. It's actually a graphic novel. I'm currently working on the illustrations.

JGsplash2010b.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cool! What App and stylus did you use? I assume the Pogo stylus right?

This is one of the main reason I want an iPad. I'm a visual thinker, sketcher and wannabe artist.

OP
misterkofa

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently using Art Studio and yup, the Pogo Stylus. I ordered this badboy a while ago.. but they now carry it right in the store so you can pick one up and save yourself the agony of waiting.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome! I have ArtStudio and a pogo, but I sure couldn't do anything like that!

Goes to show, talent is 99% of it.....

Awesome by the way, and please post more you do on the iPad!

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
Are you saying you drew both those drawings on the iPad using a Pogo and Art Studio? (If so, you really, really owe it to us to record your process next time you do this with a camera pointed on the iPad, then up-load to YouTube. I will even help you do this, if you want. Seriously!)

OP
misterkofa

misterkofa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you saying you drew both those drawings on the iPad using a Pogo and Art Studio? (If so, you really, really owe it to us to record your process next time you do this with a camera pointed on the iPad, then up-load to YouTube. I will even help you do this, if you want. Seriously!)

Thanks bro. I was thinking of posting a video tutorial. The first illustration was on the iPad and the second one was done on my ipod touch! I then brought it into photoshop for some minor tweaks and to add text.

Thanks for the compliment on my work guys and I'll definitely be posting up my work as they come.

Most reactions

Latest posts