What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So have you updated to iOS 6.1? And how it is it?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks it's a cut and paste. I can't take credit for it.

I upgraded anyway. :thumbs:

It's helpful to share info, but it would only be fair to cite the originator when you do. Otherwise, it's plagiarism.

OP
cruiser111

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's helpful to share info, but it would only be fair to cite the originator when you do. Otherwise, it's plagiarism.

So, ahem, in order to be proper and consistent here, the originator of the original plagiarism warning should have been cited. Mercy sakes! What am I saying?! Now my head hurts.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes-that is important to give credit where due, when referencing information and posting in the future.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not plagiarism, because technically its apples domain. Though I'd argue universal information has no strings attached. Quoting normally assists by tagging the original poster. So with business out of the way, I'll keep the thread by saying is an ad update, and nothing changed on my.machine. Don't use fandango or any of the others at all so it's a space hog in my mind.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not plagiarism, because technically its apples domain. Though I'd argue universal information has no strings attached. Quoting normally assists by tagging the original poster. So with business out of the way, I'll keep the thread by saying is an ad update, and nothing changed on my.machine. Don't use fandango or any of the others at all so it's a space hog in my mind.

The excerpt came from Cnet:

Apple releases iOS 6.1 with additional LTE support | Apple - CNET News

And whether writing is taken from Apple, Cnet or otherwise, not citing is plagiarism.

All three graphs were lifted directly. That's not "universal" info.

Last edited:

girlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Hope your day is going well.
I need your help . I just updated my iPad 2 with the ios6.1 software...now everytime I would listen to my music ..there are ones it would stop or fast forward? Is this a known issue? I tried rebooting on and off my iPad but looks like its happening still.... It's not that often but it would stop ...pls advise ;( Huhu

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried to sync with your main iTunes, computer, iCloud? You might want to try the hardware sync. See what that does. Also do you have other apps running sometimes they will appear in your on apps even after a reboot. Also iif have my Bluetooth for my car on, it will stop and play to that external speaker if its connected.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
The excerpt came from Cnet:

And whether writing is taken from Apple, Cnet or otherwise, not citing is plagiarism.

All three graphs were lifted directly. That's not "universal" info.

What are you the plagiarism police? Do you get paid to do this, or is it volunteer? Do you go around picking on people who do cite, for accuracy? just wondering. Vague allegiance to authority in a seemingly meaningless except to a hand full few topic, is mildly intriguing. People come here for help, not all are cited references.

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yellowhorse said:
What are you the plagiarism police? Do you get paid to do this, or is it volunteer? Do you go around picking on people who do cite, for accuracy? just wondering. Vague allegiance to authority in a seemingly meaningless except to a hand full few topic, is mildly intriguing. People come here for help, not all are cited references.

If you're going to attempt to "have a go", using large words and attempting some form of superior diction; perhaps you should proof read before hitting the send button. "It" cannot be "volunteer", YOU either Volunteer or IT is Voluntary. Just saying ;-) try to play nice, or at least play professor with a little more diction :)

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't the one that started it, I think that making people feel inferior in threads pushes people away from seeking help. I did use volunteer correctly, and I still say, that I haven't called anyone names nor put anyone down. And people can give advice on how to resolve apple issues without citing articles or individuals. Now that you are here moderator, is that a requirement for seeking or giving help in these forums?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't the one that started it, I think that making people feel inferior in threads pushes people away from seeking help. I did use volunteer correctly, and I still say, that I haven't called anyone names nor put anyone down. And people can give advice on how to resolve apple issues without citing articles or individuals. Now that you are here moderator, is that a requirement for seeking or giving help in these forums?

I believe we need to take a step back here. The member who provided the early information did so in good intent, but did not provide the information where it was referenced. This was a simple over look by many who post here.

However, we do ask our members to cite references and provide credit to ideas and information that is not our own. There will be in occasion a situation like this where one of our members did not do this. Another member simply reminded the other to give credit and a reference to information in the future. No harm done on either side. It is also helpful for members to refer to the reference link for further information.

So coming from the academic world, it is important to reference the author of information that you post. Speaking on behalf of the Forum-We do ask our members to do the same, since it is information that is not their own, but someone else's. The Primary Author.

Hope that helps.

Ski ~
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

Last edited:

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Actually it came from a notepad file where I was researching IOS 6.1 via Google and didn't bother to cite the actual article since it was intended for my info only.

So to clear it up, in addition to various descriptions of 6.1 on various Apple web sites I found the info on

GEBLOK
Apple releases iOS 6.1 - GEBLOK

OpenSpark
Apple releases iOS 6.1 | OpenSpark

Panarmenian
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with extra LTE support - PanARMENIAN.Net

Sunshine
Apple Updates iOS to 6.1 | Sunshine Infotech

Yours Hub
» Apple releases iOS 6.1

TechLone
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with additional LTE support | TechLone

IMP
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with additional LTE support India Market Price

VisorComb
Visior CMB : APPLE RELEASE iOS 6.1

CNET

I'll make sure I cite someone in the future.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it came from a notepad file where I was researching IOS 6.1 via Google and didn't bother to cite the actual article since it was intended for my info only.

So to clear it up, in addition to various descriptions of 6.1 on various Apple web sites I found the info on

GEBLOK
Apple releases iOS 6.1 - GEBLOK

OpenSpark
Apple releases iOS 6.1 | OpenSpark

Panarmenian
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with extra LTE support - PanARMENIAN.Net

Sunshine
Apple Updates iOS to 6.1 | Sunshine Infotech

Yours Hub
» Apple releases iOS 6.1

TechLone
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with additional LTE support | TechLone

IMP
Apple releases iOS 6.1 with additional LTE support India Market Price

VisorComb
Visior CMB : APPLE RELEASE iOS 6.1

CNET

I'll make sure I cite someone in the future.

Every one of the sites that you posted above Cnet stole it from Cnet. That's why you'll find a byline on the Cnet article.

Most reactions

Latest posts