What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart Cover

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
lol it would be dumb not to.
companies make more money on accessories than on anything else. That $69 cover you are buying costs the apple stores less than $5. You can have them shipped from chinese websites like dealextreme for $14 including shipping charges.

Its the same with all accessories, When I worked at best buy the $60 Monster video cables were like $4 with employee discount witch is 10% above cost. Those heavy duty $100 metal DVD cases were about $9. $40 Network cables are under $5. Yet the items like iPods and iPhones they only make a few bucks on (apple still profits)

Last edited:

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
lol it would be dumb not to.
companies make more money on accessories than on anything else. That $69 cover you are buying costs the apple stores less than $5. You can have them shipped from chinese websites like dealextreme for $14 including shipping charges.

Its the same with all accessories, When I worked at best buy the $60 Monster video cables were like $4 with employee discount witch is 10% above cost. Those heavy duty $100 metal DVD cases were about $9. $40 Network cables are under $5. Yet the items like iPods and iPhones they only make a few bucks on (apple still profits)

*sigh* the good days of the employee discount....... /cry

/topic

I dont see why they wouldn't. I personally prefer a full case. But thats just me ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Milanno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they will consider smart cover. It look cool, but users who had smart cover for longer time had some serious complains.
They will make some new type of cover/thin case or improve smart cover.

Biddy44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a full leather smart cover for less than Apple's plastic'y front cover...better protection for the unit and better looking IMO. Ordered 3rd party online.

Most reactions