What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smart case or smart cover

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. At the moment I've got a smart case, light blue. But I want an easy case for home. And I would use my smart case for travelling. Do you think this is a good idea. I have had a Smart Cover before but sold it for a smart case. I still like the smart case but I like to take it off sometimes and it's a bit fidilly. Thanks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sure, if that's what you like. If you want to protect the back, consider getting a skin....like those from iCarbons.com or from bodyguardz.com. These are super thin and light, and stick to the back. They will protect from scratches and light dings...not from a drop. Then use your smart over to protect the screen when not in use. You should be able to use your smart case too because the skins take very little room and add essentially no bulk.

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Sure, if that's what you like. If you want to protect the back, consider getting a skin....like those from iCarbons.com or from bodyguardz.com. These are super thin and light, and stick to the back. They will protect from scratches and light dings...not from a drop. Then use your smart over to protect the screen when not in use. You should be able to use your smart case too because the skins take very little room and add essentially no bulk.

I was just thinking about using my Smart Cover at home (where it wouldn't get scratched) and use my smart case when I'm out.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was just thinking about using my Smart Cover at home (where it wouldn't get scratched) and use my smart case when I'm out.

Why would it not get scratched at home? For me, that's the most likely place to get a scratch! :)

OP
Jack1231

Jack1231

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Why would it not get scratched at home? For me, that's the most likely place to get a scratch! :)

Well at least when I'm out no one would see the scratches if I have my smart case on. And my iPad never get scratched really at home. Gets scratched more if I'm in a cafe or just out.

Most reactions