What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smaller iPad Out Next Year?!

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
smaller-ipad-408.jpg

This sounds a bit crazy, but ya never know! According to the Daily Telegraph, DigiTimes Research analyst Mingchi Kuo has said that Apple is planning to come out with a more compact version of the iPad in the first quarter of 2011. Kuo says that the “iPad mini†will have a screen somewhere between 5in and 7in long, compared to the iPad’s 9.7in screen. Kuo also says that the screen will cost less than $400, and would marketed as a highly portable reading device. Kuo says that he is making these somewhat surprising predictions based on information that has been passed on to him by his sources in the component manufacturing industry. Anything is possible I guess, but with iBooks just having been announced for iPhone OS 4, surely that means that Apple considers the iPhone and iPod touch to be their “highly portable reading devices�

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
[Source: www.telegraph.co.uk]

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this kind of rumors will never stop …. but in fact i can imagine a 7’’ iPad will have a great future i believe if the iPad succeed in the market Apple will extend it … but don’t forgot develop a smaller size is not just reduce the size of the screen is really more complicated than that …

This is why don’t think we will see that so soon even maybe Apple have already made some prototype anyway keep our finger crossed and the future will tell us

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a smaller iPad would actually hurt the current iPad, so I am doubting it will happen anytime soon.

I am sorry to tell you , you are wrong at all see how many iPod models are yet on the market

doing this will at the reverse of what you think increase the iPad sales and install tablet in the market witch is not yet made.

This point of view is from a 23 years experience electronic products developer

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think a smaller iPad would actually hurt the current iPad, so I am doubting it will happen anytime soon.

I am sorry to tell you , you are wrong at all see how many iPod models are yet on the market

doing this will at the reverse of what you think increase the iPad sales and install tablet in the market witch is not yet made.

This point of view is from a 23 years experience electronic products developer
This may be true, it may help the tablet market, but that does not mean it would not hurt the current iPad. A life shorter then the 1st gen iPhone perhaps? 4.0 will not be coming to it, from what I hear. Less then a 3-year life span,

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This may be true, it may help the tablet market, but that does not mean it would not hurt the current iPad. A life shorter then the 1st gen iPhone perhaps? 4.0 will not be coming to it, from what I hear. Less then a 3-year life span,

future will tell us … but i bet less than 3 years if some competitor are too active

in the public image 2 products with different size kill one size, in fact is really wrong image ..

See Mac-Book pro market now they have 3 size and they sell more than when they have only one (17’’)

we have an electronics product we have 2 models with 50% difference price between each, from the moment we have two we increase dramatically our sales of the first one we have …

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the acceptance of the iPad is strong enough, they will try one in the 6" range. It will be determined by the holiday sales. I have no doubts that Apple will bring one out with several enhancements. Probably in addition to the Gen 2 iPad original. The opposition will learn from the reactions to the Gen 1, so Apple has to compete.

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why apple always think about money rather than customer satisfaction? Their product is always costly.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the current size, smaller and I would have issues reading the text.

I am still waiting for the one with a pico projector that projects a 3-D hologram above the device and recognizes speech commands.

I will stick to this IPad until they release that one.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
emilyjane918 said:
Why apple always think about money rather than customer satisfaction? Their product is always costly.

I disagree with that customer satisfaction is the best I have been selling systems to cad graphics publishing and photographers since 1984. Customer satisfaction has allways been high more so with osx the same applys with iPods and iPhones The bottom line is u they make quality products thY have a low fail rate.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The customer experience is always at the top of the list for Apple. They also leave people wanting more which in some ways is frustrating but you will not find a better made OS, or hardware for that matter.

stever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why? There is already an iPod.
Yup.

And if people want smaller, There is the Iphone, and touch.

Netbooks started out with 7-inch screens.
People found they hated the limitations on that size.

Those faded, and nobody bought anything below 10-inch anymore.
Big step backward that I think would fail.

Have you ever tried surfing on one of those 7-inch netbooks.
It got old real quick.

Most reactions

Latest posts