What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox on The iPad.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw in the app store that Slingbox offered an iPhone app as a remote control. So I went out and bought a Slingbox Solo. After an hour in a most frustrating installation, I managed to install it on my main laptop and still cannot get to configure my router to have access from outside my wifi network, from internet yet. I'll leave that for tomorrow before I... break something... like a window or something.
Then I got the app. It's an iPhone app for yet. Cute in iPhone size but very very crappy in iPad resolution. But I'm happy I did it. I will finally be able to watch TV in the bathtub...and I won't miss a Worldcup game.

BTW the included remote system to access the satellite box is a joy to use from any of my networked computers.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be getting one very soon. Probably not in time for the World Cup, but sometime this year. I'll be traveling a lot more this year and it will be nice to have live TV on my iPhone/iPad.

taudelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a decent AP World Cup app that just updated with video. It's still not live feed, but it's good res vid highlights...

gameboy213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. We are still waiting for the actual sling iPad app. Until then it is an iPhone app only.

At least it works.

mbradeis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my Slingbox for over 2 years and love it. While away on vacation I was able to watch a football game that was not on the local market. Cannot wait for the iPad app!

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I love Slingbox so much I own two. A Solo, and a Pro-HD. They are painfully slow when it comes to adding mobile software :(

Most reactions

Latest posts