What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slingbox and iPhone App on an iPad review

TFarmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I just got my new Slingbox Hd hooked up (with Slinglink) and decided to give the iPhone App a try. I am ok with the quality. Could it be better..........yes it could be. But I am happy with what it will do. I am ok with $29.99 for it, also. I do hope they will give us a break when, if ever, they come out with the iPad App. Slingmedia is extremely slow. I was promised by a VP that they woudl be supporting Blackberrys but it took them 2 years from when he told me that.

Jntp2z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slingbox app works on iPad

I was told at the apple store the sling player was only compatible with iPhone for now - guess what it works on my iPad just fine.:)

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my review...it sucks...get on it sling, release an iPad app already!!! They don't care about they're customers.

Patspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't have exactly what you want at the exact moment you want it so you say they don't care about their customers? I've found the Slingbox folks to be extremely good a providing customer service and am ok using the iphone app with my Slingbox Solo until they come out with a new one.

Big samm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with you patspad.... but the iPad is been out for 6 months and still no news if the iPad version is coming out... or if they actually working on a iPad version...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They don't have exactly what you want at the exact moment you want it so you say they don't care about their customers? I've found the Slingbox folks to be extremely good a providing customer service and am ok using the iphone app with my Slingbox Solo until they come out with a new one.

That's exactly what I'm saying. They should have had an iPad app day one!! They made an android app (which I could waste another $30 on if I were crazy). They make a piece of hardware that requires software to work...not only are they excessively slow at releasing this software, they also charge a lot for it. More than likely they will charge us another $30 for the iPad app (if there ever is one).

Most reactions

Latest posts