What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skype on 5.01 Jailbreak for iPAD2 and iPhone42

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. I'm sorry to say that I dont think its a simple Skype/JB issue. Skype works fine for me on my jailbroken iPad. Had a half hour video call last night with no problems. There must be some other factor involved.

I'd suggest that if several of you have experienced the same problem it would be good if you can share specifics about your iPads, connections, etc with each other... this might help you find common factors in your setup so you can pin down the problem.

misenko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jenningsville, there is no problem if you have skype open - it will never log out or crash. The problem is if skype is minimized/running on backend and you do other stuff. It disconnects often but is intermittent. Sometimes after a half hour, sometimes after few hours. I can find errors in log file concerning weaks. I saw lot of people have this problem. Maybe next version will fix it.

iPad 2 32Wifi 5.0.1 JB

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot get Skype to even make a test call. It hangs up immediately after starting the dial out routine. A couple of times I heard it dial and ring the test server, but disconnected immediately after that. It worked perfectly with 4.3.3 JB. The same issue (exact same behavior) happens on the iPhone, which I also just upgraded and JBd.

About the only thing I can come up with for a possibility, given my current situation, is a poor connection to the Verizon tower. I don't loose it when I'm on a normal cellular phone call, and my average download speed is about 300k - sometimes a little more, sometimes quite a bit less.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my average download speed is about 300k - sometimes a little more, sometimes quite a bit less.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

300K? That's awful!
That, my friend, is exactly why I am getting a 4g Android phone.
4g is Da-Bomb. :)

(this was very random, sorry)

Most reactions

Latest posts