What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skyfire To Bring Flash to iOS

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another cloud based server conversion company has a product for the iPad that converts flash to html on the fly and sends it back to the iPad. They already have browsers for Symbian, Android and Windows Mobile. Their App has been submitted to Apple and is waiting for Approval.

Source w/Video: Skyfire's Browser Brings Flash iOS

French

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How long does approval usually take? Or is this dead in the water? I can't seem to find any information on it other than it was submitted. It's a deal maker or breaker for me...if I can't get a decent flash experience on an iPad then I'm out.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I used Skyfire on Windows Mobile. I was under the impression it used Flash Lite. It worked really well. I never tried video or anything intensive with it, but it worked great for menus and website navigation items that were done in flash.

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, Skyfire just tweeted these messages a few mins ago:

Skyfire 2.0 for iPhone update - We've received helpful feedback from Apple and hoping that we are closer to an approval http://goo.gl/HYzE

Here is the latest Demo Video of Skyfire 2.0 for iPhone - Currently in the submission process with the Apple App Store - http://goo.gl/HYzE

Follow us at our Skyfire 2.0 for iPhone FB page for an immediate alert as to when available: Skyfire for iPhone | Facebook

You can follow them at twitter.com/Skyfire

StarLog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not need Skyfire on an iphone, I want it on my iPAD.. :)

RussW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why there can't be a 'hack' like Gordon installed into the iOS that sends any flash over to the native JavaScript that exists within the iOS already. Can we get an app for that??

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now available for iPad...but you can't write comments to this forum. I had to use Safari to write this note. Also the speed bar isn't available and I like it for the 13 most frequently visited sites.

I did visit one site that had embedded flash and it performed as advertised.

Last edited:

Dream

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Downloaded this last night. Find it to be slower than Safari, kind of disappointed. Anybody else download it?

xardoz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a warning, Snowblaze HD does not appear to do flash from what I can tell, there is a review in the app store that says it can but there was no description in the app store saying it did. I took the plunge anyway and from what I can tell no Flash......

kvizzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it.

Really slow browsing, but for flash videos it works well.

I use it to watch south park, works great! Wish Hulu was possible.

Anybody know how to make Skyfire pretend it's another browser like IE, Chrome, Firefox?

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find that all the apps purporting to be able to play flash are misleading. They play some flash, not all. The way they promote it, one would expect that all flash content would be played but not so.

It just happens that my favourite sites' contents are never available.

Most reactions

Latest posts