What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skooba Netbook/iPad Messenger Bag Review

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Manufacturer's Website
Price $49.95

I recently purchased Skooba's iPad Messenger bag and thought I would share my opinion of it. I wanted a bag to carry and protect my iPad naked or cased with accessories. The iPad Messenger fills that role nicely.

The front and main compartment of the bag are protected by a flap. The flap is held in place by velcro and a plastic clip. The clip is easy to open one handed yet secure enough to prevent a pick pocket from getting into your bag without you noticing. There is a small zippered compartment in the top of the flap. The flap also has a large zipper at the top to provide access to the main compartment of the bag.

Under the flap is a zipper protected section as well as the main compartment of the bag. The zippered section is divide up nicely to accommodate a variety of different shaped objects. As you can see in the pictures below, I have my iPad charger, earphones, cable, pens and shure earphones in this section and there is still plenty of space.

Between the zippered section and the main compartment is a slim pocket the perfect size for a magazine or notebook. The main compartment contains a nice padded pocket that fits the iPad snuggly with a stretch strap held in place with velcro. It therefore will not hold an iPad in the Apple case. That is not a problem since them main compartment is big enough to fit the iPad in just about any case. Also in the main compartment is a mesh pocket which works great to hold the power cord.

The back of the bag has a narrow compartment that is held closed by velcro. This compartment can accommodate a small notebook but when I placed a standard sized (8.5"x11") notebook in it, the pieces are velcro don't make enough contact to keep the section closed.

On one side of the bag is plastic buckle for easy adjustment of the strap length. Immediately below the buckle is a small compartment for storing the extra strap. On the other side is a zipped compartment that contains a water bottle holder when not in use.

This bag is well made with quality materials. The protection provided for the iPad by the padding is more than enough for most people. I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend this bag to anyone in the market for a small iPad bag.

review12.png
review10.png
review7.png
review8.png
review5.png
review2.png
review1.png
review3.png
review13.png
review11.png
review9.png
review4.png
review6.png

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great review, I'm still trying to decide on a bag. Mt incase travel kit is ok but not balanced when carrying it.

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that was the kind of thorough account of iPad accessories, by an iPad owner...NOT a sales rep speculating on how you should outfit your device.

Well Done my friend!

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Great review and I love this bag, but unfortunately it'll cost me US$40 to post it here even after speaking with Nancy from Skooba :( so it's a no go for me

Order it through amazon. The bags are cheaper there and their shipping is always better. Even if you have to order from the US store your shipping will probably only be $10-15 instead of $40.

iLuvMyMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wytchecraft.com
Great review and I love this bag, but unfortunately it'll cost me US$40 to post it here even after speaking with Nancy from Skooba :( so it's a no go for me

Order it through amazon. The bags are cheaper there and their shipping is always better. Even if you have to order from the US store your shipping will probably only be $10-15 instead of $40.

No matter now I bought an STM instead. Locally made so much less shipping costs.

Most reactions

Latest posts