What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skooba iPad messenger bag ROCKS!

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the Skooba iPad messenger bag and absolutely love it.

Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case

Not only does it have a iPad-sized space to hold my iPad, it also has tons of pockets and compartments and it's less bulky than a laptop size messenger bag. Love it! It's $49.99, but they have regular coupon codes for free shipping and up 25-40% off. I think you have to sign up for their newsletter to get the codes.
And no, I'm not affiliated with the company. Just posting a positive review.

scarrz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not bad. Looks better than many of the others I have seen. Reminds me some of the Tom Bihn bags out of Seattle, except not as pricey. Does it have a compartment inside that fits the ipad? Is it cushiony?

I agree with the other comment, it does look a little bigger than 14.5", maybe the guy in the picture is just really small?? :)

I bought the Skooba iPad messenger bag and absolutely love it.

Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case

Not only does it have a iPad-sized space to hold my iPad, it also has tons of pockets and compartments and it's less bulky than a laptop size messenger bag. Love it! It's $49.99, but they have regular coupon codes for free shipping and up 25-40% off. I think you have to sign up for their newsletter to get the codes.
And no, I'm not affiliated with the company. Just posting a positive review.

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, that was my thought too: the guy in the picture must be small. The bag isn't bulky at all and isn't nearly as big as it looks in that pic.
However, if you're looking for a very small ipad size bag, this one isn't for you. BUT, if you're like me and you need a bag that can hold papers, thumb drives, etc and have a specific padded pocket for your iPad, this is it. I also considered the Tom Bihn iPad bag, but decided on the more traditional Skooba messenger style bag.

ipadcovers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Protective carrying case for iPad

You can get a cheaper and some of the best iPad cases for the Apple iPad for only $14.99!

Last edited:

Skooba Design

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.skoobadesign.com
Thanks from Skooba

Hi there from Skooba Design. We noticed your posts and simply want to thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate hearing what everyone has to say--good, bad, or indifferent--and we take all commments, feedback, and suggestions seriously. Please feel free to contact us any time we can be of service, we are a company of real and responsive people. Thanks again.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The pics on the website do make it look big.

@TheBaron Any chance you could take of picture of the bag with the iPad (for scale)?

I like the bag and will probably buy one if it is smaller than the pics make it look. TIA.

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xq82xu

Here you go. It's actually really not that much bigger than the iPad itself. I don't know why it looks so huge on the Skooba site. They must have used a 10 year old boy to model it - However, it's really pretty compact as you can see from the photo. I particularly picked it over the Tom Bihn bag because the Skooba has a more traditional horizontal messenger bag look. The Tom Bihn version is a little too man purse-ish for me.
The extra width is the perfect size for papers and work materials. I absolutely love this bag.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad bag from Sleek

And here is one of our bag ….. Especially made for iPad use … lot of pocket for carry all our stuff ….

PS: yet we have 8 model dedicated iPad

Attachments

• iPad Sleek Bag-1.jpg
    iPad Sleek Bag-1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,264
  • iPad Sleek Bag-4.jpg
    iPad Sleek Bag-4.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,549

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much TheBaron! Showing my post on the iPad was a very nice touch ;).

IpadOne, when will you have pricing and availability for your bags?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much TheBaron! Showing my post on the iPad was a very nice touch ;).

IpadOne, when will you have pricing and availability for your bags?

Around one week and the price will be KILLER PRICE …

I can’t disclose more yet but believe me the price will be killer

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipadone-when is the store going to open. I have been checking it everyday. It looks like some great stuff

brhon

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baron-the man purse look is the exact reason I have not bought a bag yet. My wife thinks its funny that I am so stressed about getting a bag.

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Baron-the man purse look is the exact reason I have not bought a bag yet. My wife thinks its funny that I am so stressed about getting a bag.

haha! I hear you. It seems most iPad bags so far are vertical and it makes them look like those bags on that Progressive commercial (the European shoulder bag). IMHO, the only way around that purse look is to get a traditional messenger style bag.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts