What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skooba iPad messenger bag ROCKS!

dmo1028

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Michael (Skooba Design)

Just wanted to say thanks for such a great product. I won't repeat all the great things already said, but after a few weeks of use, I must say I am very pleased with this messenger bag!

It's big enough to carry the iPad and accessories, plus some work folders and other misc. office stuff without being so big that you are tempted to pack it full! The best feature for me is the zipper access at the top so you can access things quickly inside the bag without having to open the flap. The layout of the bag helps me keep everything organized easily even when I am tempted to just throw stuff in it!

My only "very minor" complaint/suggestion that I would like to have is a shoulder pad included with the shoulder strap. Since I am keeping it packed lightly it helps offset that need though. ;)

Thanks again for your products and the customer attention you have given here in this forum. I highly recommend your products to friends and strangers while out and about during my commutes.

Dave

Brushles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Michael, very kind of you. I will send Nancy an email over tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again.

augie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a laptop backpack with a iPad slot. I travel for work and need something I can fit my work laptop and the iPad without it bouncing around.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I need a laptop backpack with a iPad slot. I travel for work and need something I can fit my work laptop and the iPad without it bouncing around.

This might work for you [ame=http://www.amazon.com/STM-Bags-13-Small-Alley/dp/B002VN7NG8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qlEnable=1&qid=1273615167&sr=1-8]Amazon.com: STM Bags 13 Small Alley - Carbon: Clothing[/ame]

It has space for a 13 in laptop with a thin area that I use for folders and paper. There is also a 15 in version of the bag.

kailuahoosier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got my iPad bag in the mail (Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case), I was very diligent in searching for a bag that doesnt look like a purse. I had come down to:
1. this one (Netbook Messenger Netbook/iPad Bag - Case)
2. the Tom Bihn Ristretto (Ristretto for iPad/Netbooks: TOM BIHN)
or
3. the Muzetto by Waterfield bags (SFBags - WaterField Designs - Muzetto Bags - Laptop Bag - Man Bag - Personal Bag)

The iPad messenger by Skooba I found was actually more consistent with what I was looking for, it still was big enough to not look like I was carrying around my girlfriend's purse and not too big to look like we were going backpacking through the Swiss Alps. Also it is well over $60 cheaper than the Tom Bihn bag and over $120 cheaper than the Waterfield bag. I got it in the mail today (Charcoal/Abyss Black) and so far for the most part am very pleased, the only "issues" I have with the bag are as follows:

1. No pad for the shoulder strap, which is strange and I assume it will be a little uncomfortable if you load this thing up and carry it for a full day. (There is ample amount of space so you really can load this thing up)
2. The pocket for the iPad: although it is designed for a naked iPad, it is extremely snug, when I read the reviews of the bag I thought "it cant be that tight of a fit, I'm sure I can squeeze it into the pouch with it in the case." Way wrong, it fits the naked iPad perfectly, leaving 0 room for anything else. But it looks as though Skooba planned ahead in the design as there are plenty of other pocket options for the iPad case. I have the Incase Convertible and it fits with plenty of room to spare.

Overall I think this bag is the best messenger bag on the market for a man carrying an iPad who doesn't like wearing lipstick or a skirt.

I do have a question/favor: Can anyone give me any idea of where to get a shoulder pad that would fit this bag well? I would love to get a Skooba velcro pad that would easily attach to the bag but I haven't found one yet. I would rate the bag an 7-8/10 as it sits currently but if I could find a matching shoulder pad I would definitely say it easily achieves a 9/10.

Brad Groux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bradgroux.com
I have a Case Logic messenger bag that I use and love.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015YGNZG]Amazon.com: Caselogic CSAM-15 Canvas 15.4-Inch Artist Series Messenger Bag (Green): Computer & Accessories[/ame]

I carry my Dell Mini 10, Kindle 2, books and my camera in it all the time with no issues. It is roomy, comfortable, light weight and well made. I carried it for 3 days straight during Coachella 2010 and never got tired of it. I'm retiring my Kindle 2 and my Dell Mini 10 as soon as my iPad 3G arrives, so I'll have even more room to spare.

york2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kailuahoosier,

I know this is a couple of months late, but I just bought a Maxpedition 1.5" shoulder pad for the strap of my bag. Fits perfectly, and now I have a padded shoulder strap.

T

TJK

And here is one of our bag ….. Especially made for iPad use … lot of pocket for carry all our stuff ….

PS: yet we have 8 model dedicated iPad

You may be a sponsor but you are still a troll.
I will NOT under any circumstances purchase from you.

Most reactions

Latest posts