What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sixtiesblue

sixtiesblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the real truth with ipad card readers and ipad OSX?
I use a HDSD camera card in a panasonic - will the genuine Apple card Reader work with the latest OSX?:eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
iOS 5 perhaps?

OSX is the Macintosh operating system.

The Camera Connection Kit works the same in iOS 5 as it did in iOS 4. Your camera and SD card (formatted in the camera) should work fine. It's for importing photos and movies to the Photos app (though it may work with a few other devices). It supports fewer cameras for movies, so that part may or may not work.

The import works with just about all of the popular point and shoot brands, and most DSLRs. RAW file format is problematic. There are a variety of RAW formats and they don't all behave the same on the iPad. The camera USB cable is also hit or miss. Some cameras draw too much power, even when on.

Here are the two most helpful of Apples support pages on the Camera Connection Kit.

iPad: Using the iPad Camera Connection Kit
iPad: Using iPad Camera Connector with unsupported USB devices

OP
S

sixtiesblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the Links - Yes I did mean IOS 5 not OSX.
I am new to ipad so a big learning curve.:eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome.

It's a fun learning curve, like tumbling down a long grassy slope when you were a kid. An occasional bruise, but worth the fun, and the climb that came before it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts