What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri on watchdog tonight.

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use watched watchdog and it had the iPhone 4s on and they were talking about how rubbish Siri is in the uk.

I have Siri and it is useless in the uk. Without the use of maps it just doesn't warm at all. Lol

Sent from my iPad 3

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
I saw that too. I haven't got a phone, but mates that have say Siri is cool, but a novelty in the UK here. Something for fun occational use. Apple never treat other countrys and other country integration with their software anyware near like they do in the States.

General iOS protocols are soooooo USA oriented it makes you laugh sometimes. Everything is from the America only club. But that goes for most consumer electronics firms and software firms.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible to see this? I looked on iplayer but there was no record of it. I'll check YouTube.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Is it possible to see this? I looked on iplayer but there was no record of it. I'll check YouTube.

It is there, just do a search.......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-9440458.jpg
    image-9440458.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 216

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't there last night. Thanks Gab, I was probably trying before it went live on iplayer.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol. Oh hell yes! We are! I've watched it. I didn't know that Siri was so bad. Shame. Why is it all USA based? Thank god I didn't waste my time waiting for it to come out and bought iPhone 4 instead. Impatience did me a favour! Hee hee
How are you my friend? Long time no see. Eurovision coming round again. Are you up for another rematch on laughing at it.

zoegraceli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand you are frustrated with the functionality, but I have a question.I am doing light research on iPad apps, and I am trying to find out if Siri is available for iPads. There is added value for disabled or elderly users if they can speak instead of touch. What can you tell me?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are a couple of new apps out there which try to emulate some of Siri's functionality, but without the api hooks which Siri has built in.
Voice Answer looks quite interesting if only they did away with that flashing robot.
The great thing is that it will work on all iPads, but without the noise cancelling mic of the 4s I'm not sure how good it is in use.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
There are a couple of new apps out there which try to emulate some of Siri's functionality, but without the api hooks which Siri has built in.
Voice Answer looks quite interesting if only they did away with that flashing robot.
The great thing is that it will work on all iPads, but without the noise cancelling mic of the 4s I'm not sure how good it is in use.

What apps have you seen?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use dragon dictation.

I've got the new iPad now which has the dictation button added

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I knew Siri was bad with a few days of getting my 4s, I don't use it now, it isn't as effortless to use as they showed on the advertisements. Going to check
I player now

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wondered how you were getting on Ricky! Shame though. It did sound good.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I wondered how you were getting on Ricky! Shame though. It did sound good.

Hi Hayles, it is a shame though that siri doesnt have enough support here (uk) as it does in america or else where. When i saw the advertisements of siri it reminded me of knight rider and the kitt car, but alas i dont use as it causes more stress for me

RIP Steve Jobs 

Most reactions