What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri Ported To The iPhone 4, Most Likely Illegal

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

Since the release of the iPhone 4S everyone stuck behind on older devices is trying to get their hands on Siri. There has been a lot of rumors and videos popping up showing that Siri was in fact ported to the iPhone 4 and working. Unfortunately for those of you who were hoping to use this port on their Jailbroken iDevice might be out of luck. The hackers working on this port claim that using Siri on a device which in not the iPhone 4S is illegal and goes against Apple's policy. Siri has to connect to Apple's servers when in use requiring it to sign Apple code from the iPhone 4S. Not wanting to get sued by Apple, they have decided not to release the port until everything is legal or not at all. If they happen to find some sort of loophole you guy will be the first to know, stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:

rzc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know not legal yet, for now.... I hear or saw one on iPad1?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rzc said:
I know not legal yet, for now.... I hear or saw one on iPad1?

Would the iPad 1 be powerful enough (when it becomes legal of course) to handle Siri?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chays said:
Would the iPad 1 be powerful enough (when it becomes legal of course) to handle Siri?

I doubt it has anything to do with power as it doesn't really run on the device, it runs on Apples servers. The problem IMHO is that if you port it to the iPad then for wifi only devices it would be completely redundant when you don't have a connection. With a phone you almost always have some kind of a connection. Can you imagine the complaints that Siri doesn't work all the time from many iPad owners if they release it on the iPad?

That's my 2 cents anyway.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I be ridiculous now, and say I'd still like to play with Siri on my iPad Original. I have iPhone 4 and that would be great as well. I still play a lot at home on wi-fi and Siri would amuse me highly, dear Sir Gabe!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Can I be ridiculous now, and say I'd still like to play with Siri on my iPad Original. I have iPhone 4 and that would be great as well. I still play a lot at home on wi-fi and Siri would amuse me highly, dear Sir Gabe!

I agree, I also wanna p,at with it :(

Regards,
~Chays~

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to recall that I read somewhere that Siri is a precursor to a more advanced and powerful version tentatively called Assistant, if so that would suggest that Siri is effectively a beta for Apple to gain feedback for the development of the next version. This would explain the release being limited to the 4S......if only I could recall where I read this or if I just imagined it!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, I trust your judgement, when you remember (that could be a while?) get back to us and let us know you are wrong and iPhone 4 at least will get Siri. Hee hee

Most reactions