What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Siri comfirmed for new iPad

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The WWDC keynote just confirmed that the iOS will bring some Siri enhancements, encluding being on the new iPad. Facetime is also going to work over cellular.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yippee, you are correct ! Not sure of how useful it is. I like the idea of asking him(UK) opening apps for me. Playing songs?

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This version of Siri will be a lot more useful as you can do stuff like launch apps. That alone will make it way, way, way more useful, IMO.

schmidtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wil it be able to:
Turn Bluetooth ON/OFF
Turn Cellular ON/OFF
Control volume?
Control screen brightness?

I think hardware control features would be very nice.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
johnml said:
When is it going to be available?

When iOS 6 is released this fall,probably coinciding with the release of the iPhone 5.

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fall as in, it is atleast going to be what September ? before SiRi come to the New iPad ?

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Siri is crap and FaceTime is something Skype as been doing for years. Apple are so behind the times selling us old tech with an apple branded logo. I love my iPhone but I wish they would give us something new. When my 2 year contract runs out I'd be tempted to give android a go.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Siri is crap and FaceTime is something Skype as been doing for years. Apple are so behind the times selling us old tech with an apple branded logo. I love my iPhone but I wish they would give us something new. When my 2 year contract runs out I'd be tempted to give android a go.

You just may...to see what the android platform offers for their customers. Many of us have used the android platform for a while and know that there are some differences to both. You can only choose which platform works best for you...or maybe do what I do and use both at the same time. For me, I have used an android phone for 4 years now and see the benefits of having an iPhone. That's a personal preference, but can only say that based on 4 years of use.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I've been playing with Siri on my new iPad and can say that its working fairly well. I'm linking how easy it is to set reminders via siri and checking movie times as well since I do both of those things often.

I'm disapointed that PassBook didnt make it to the iPad.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts