What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Singapore iPad use in Malaysia

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

When I bring my iPad to Malaysia for business trip , any one know which service provider I can buy micro sim card ?

I have check around most of them refer to USA.

damn66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can try Maxis..i believe they were the first to intro microsim b4 ipad launch..

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

When I bring my iPad to Malaysia for business trip , any one know which service provider I can buy micro sim card ?

I have check around most of them refer to USA.

My Pre-Paid StarHub have roaming … but not sure about Malaysia but i guess will work there as that work in Batam (indonesia)

OP
P

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After read yr reply I call my provider m one , they said it is possible to activate the roaming , but then the charges is very high. It is still advise to buy a micro sim card from Malaysia provider.

BooNMiNG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 major service provider in Malaysia..

DiGi
MaXiS
CeLCoM
U MoBiLe

but i think DiGi has the best prepaid plan for not-so frequent users like me.

as cheap as RM1 per day. you can buy their broadband internet prepaid pack (if no microsim version available can always ask the provider to cut the normal size to microsim with minor fees, i did tat and no problem so far)

it goes like this..

if you top up RM10, you can use it continuosly for 2 days (RM5 per day) unlimited usage

RM30 - 10 days
RM50 - 25 days
RM100 - 100 days

so for the ease i just top up RM100 for only RM1 per day.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
davidpaul said:
Anyone trying phone call via wifi?

Have to use Skype- very good quality with Wi-Fi.

Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

i use skype for more than one year skype everyday witj my iPad 1 and with the 2 and never get any trouble … i use it in 3G or in wifi depend one the network (StarHub prepaid card)

Most reactions