What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malaysia ipad use in US

Shermaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to take the iPad 3G + wifi I bought in Malaysia to be used in US when I travel to there. Anyone can recommend how I can get a prepaid data plan for the iPad for a month? Thanks.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

I would like to take the iPad 3G + wifi I bought in Malaysia to be used in US when I travel to there. Anyone can recommend how I can get a prepaid data plan for the iPad for a month? Thanks.

You'll have no problems - both carriers - Verizon and AT&T (and the 'foreign' carriers') - have what you want and they do monthly plans too.

But there are so many free WiFi hotspots in the US that, when I travel there, (from the UK) I never bother to either buy a pre-paid card or use my home account 'roaming'. You'll find WiFi hotspots **everywhere** - malls, hotels, motels, coffee shops, copy shops (i.e. Kinko's), franchises (MacDonalds, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Starbucks etc etc), public transport, - almost anywhere. So, unless you're planning to spend time in a rural area, think about using WiFit - it it doesn't work out, you can always buy a pre-paid card.

Enjoy your trip to the US!!

Tim
Snowy Scotland

OP
S

Shermaine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You'll have no problems - both carriers - Verizon and AT&T (and the 'foreign' carriers') - have what you want and they do monthly plans too.

But there are so many free WiFi hotspots in the US that, when I travel there, (from the UK) I never bother to either buy a pre-paid card or use my home account 'roaming'. You'll find WiFi hotspots **everywhere** - malls, hotels, motels, coffee shops, copy shops (i.e. Kinko's), franchises (MacDonalds, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Starbucks etc etc), public transport, - almost anywhere. So, unless you're planning to spend time in a rural area, think about using WiFit - it it doesn't work out, you can always buy a pre-paid card.

Enjoy your trip to the US!!

Tim
Snowy Scotland

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your sharing. I am thinking to get a month of prepaid data for the GPS service while I'm driving there. I'll consider about those carriers that you suggest above. Thanks. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts