What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Your Art!

khanIQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
made in sketch club
IMG_0038.JPG

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This was done in ArtRage on the Ipad, so it was done digitally. I used the ink pen set on full taper to create the fur. Glad you all like it.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love arts, but I never made a really good artwork on an iPad. The physics of the oil of pastels, the "coal' of the pencil just doesn't work right.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This was done in ArtRage on the Ipad, so it was done digitally. I used the ink pen set on full taper to create the fur. Glad you all like it.

I've had ArtRage for years. I stopped using it, mostly because of the limited canvas size. Thanks to you I just checked the app again, and found that they've upgraded it. You can have up to a 2048 x 2048 canvas.

I'll probably start playing with it again, because, as you've said, ArtRage has the most realistic simulations of physical media. Crayon really looks like crayons. Well, more so than any other sketch app.

If you want the widest range of tools, and all kinds of crazy transform and filter tools, then SketchClub is a must. It's almost too much. Best to start with a few tools you understand and build on them. It's also a social/club style app, so there are lots of other people, art examples, and other resources to draw on (pun intended).

Of course SketchBook Pro is the de-facto standard. It does not have every tool possible, but the tools it does have are well thought out and executed. It's biggest advantage over the other apps is it's cross platform standard. It is available on most platforms, and the drawings can be transferred to the computer or device most convinient or suitable for the drawing.

Other than specialty apps, and vector based apps, these are the drawing apps I'm most likely to use; holding in mind that I'm barely an amateur doodler, let along an artist.

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You wont be dissapointed, it still can have a little lag with certain tools but that doesnt bother me. When i start to paint i make sure that all other programs are closed, it can be memory hungry especially if you are working on a large file for a long while.

Save regulary and make a copy and work on that one next, i usually have two previous copies in the gallery deleting the oldest when i have made the next copy. This is my backup regime in the event of a crash i only ever lose that session. The program seems to be more stable these days propably because the newer ipads have more memory I havent had any sudden closures for quite some time.

Give the program another go excepting its limitations. It is the only ipad paint program that give the most realistic tools.

Most reactions

Latest posts