What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shouldn't these forums be more iPad friendly

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In trying to go to pages on the forums, I am constantly having a problem with trying to get to page 2-20 because of the lack of finger room. So I get the post starter's profile, or page one. I realize that this is a standard page format, but hopefully something can be done.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same thought until I realized, I said to myself, "hey dummy - do a reverse finger pinch and the text gets bigger".

Seriously - I bet that they're using a standardized forum software package.

Question - on my Macbook Pro I always hit a command +, or command ++ to make the entire page bigger without flying off to the right -- is there a similar option on the iPad? With Safari? With Atomic Browser?

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
I had the same thought until I realized, I said to myself, "hey dummy - do a reverse finger pinch and the text gets bigger".

Question - on my Macbook Pro I always hit a command +, or command ++ to make the entire page bigger without flying off to the right -- is there a similar option on the iPad? With Safari? With Atomic Browser?

Double tap?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Double tap?

Yea but that just blows up the entire page so I have to scroll right and left. With you do the command + on the Mac w/ Safari - it increases the size of everything but stretches out the site vertically.

OP
Seadog

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is needed is more spacing between tap points and larger tap points. Yes making the image bigger is an option, but shouldn't these forums make it where this is not needed?

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is needed is more spacing between tap points and larger tap points. Yes making the image bigger is an option, but shouldn't these forums make it where this is not needed?

That would be nice and I would like to see some movement on your suggestion. Also note you benefit from knowing you can use more than two fingers while navigating this forum and posting replies from an iPad. Use the hidden features of the iPad!

Pcunix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
aplawrence.com
Double tap doesn't do the same as out pinching.

If I out pinch, yes, the text is too wide, if I double tap, it isn't - at least here and every other place I remember doing it.

However - if you are looking at a narrow part of the page (such as typing in the quick reply box here) and double tap, yes, the wider stuff above is forced off screen. But if most of the page is the dame width, double tapping does what you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts