What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i use screen protector for ipad?

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had just added one purely for peace of mind. Even though I am ultra careful I just want to know that it's got an extra layer of protection.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's my own preference but I've never used a screen protector on any device. I tried one once a long time ago with my Palm phone and it was terrible. The iPad2s glass is very sturdy and since it's always in my Prius Electronics slim case I don't have any worries about scratching it. I also wonder if attaching something semi-permanently to any touch screen panel lessons it's life. Purely speculative on my part.

Reaction score
I don't have a protector in anything of mine that doesn't use a stylus pen . My 3 year old plays games on my phone and ipad and I'm not the least bit concerned. The glass they use is pretty durable against scratches

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

ATC2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an antireflective on amazon for about $9.00 and it works great, sorry i can't remember the brand. Also got a regular one for $8.00 also holding up like a champ. Both were dry application type.

oscarrod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest the low cost ones for 5 USD. They are great in quality and clarity.

Hotherps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought my iPad 2 64 g + 3G on release day here in the UK, 25 March (I was first out of the door of the Chester Reseller). I wanted an Otterbox Defender case and one is now on the way to me direct from Otterbox complete with a free screen protector.

I have been keeping my iPad 2 in a silicone skin and a neoprene slip cover yet somehow I still have managed to put a scratch on the screen :mad: It isn't bad, only a light scratch and I don't notice it when using the iPad ...... but just knowing it is there kind of irks me.

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it useful? Any disadvantages? Can I live without it?

Thanks in advance.

Purely a personal decision and opinions on this will vary like anything wherecopinions are asked.

Mine? Naked all the way. Same for my iPhone. As has been said, they are resilient.

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Vintage90 said:
Does the film effect the screen response in games? I don't play much, but still have a go from time to time :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

So far I haven't noticed too much of a difference. I'm not much of a gamer, though...

All in all, I'd say the controls do feel a bit different at first, but you'll get used to it.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have three iPads in the house and none have had any protection since they were bought despite heavy use.

Unless you do heavy manual labour you shouldn't need a screen cover as long as it's covered when not in use. Damage is only likely from grit particles or a sharp object dragged over the screen.

iPad accessories are like fishing equipment, some is made to catch fish and some to catch fishermen.

mbeyer23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend the zagg screen protector-- also put one on the back-- will keep my iPad like new- as far as screen response , works just there wasn't anything on it!! Hope this answers some of the questions. I also put the zagg protector on my iPhone.

dru9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a free one with my Otterbox Defender case and couldn't stand it. I pretended I liked it so that I could keep the screen protected, but it drove me crazy. It made the screen look very pixelated like a shitty old TV. It's in the trash now. The screen is glass not plastic, so is more durable. I won't be getting another, but that's purely my own opinion and I accept any consequences.

hobbit6003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've gotten screen protectors on my mobile phones before, including the iPhones, and to be honest, they made the screen looked optically disastrous. Perhaps I didn't get a good one?

For the iPad, I'm going without any screen protector on, I'm careful with how I use it, and I do have the smart cover on it when I'm not using it.

marcphillips

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I got my ipad2 off of craigslist, the screen protector was already on. It wasn't too much of a big deal to me. Now that I think of it though, I kinda like it. Keeps the fingerprints down to a minimum and doesn't take away from the look too much.

Most reactions

Latest posts