What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I take my new iPad out of the box?

merrickvillemr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new iPad, 32g wifi,,,I haven't taken it out of the box yet, I want to use it on a trip to Europe, transfer photos onto it, edit them , manage them, upload them to my blog, is an iPad the right tool for this??? michael

Recnepsecnoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and no. Yes, because the iPad is great for photo management. No, because it does not have a camera. I would go ahead take it out and then download the app u need then go to Europe and load them onto it.
:) please pm me

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As much as I enjoy my iPad, I think a laptop might be a better choice for you.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Having gotten back from a long trip (3 weeks) to Europe (Scotland and Amsterdam) I decided to go without a laptop. I shot over 1400 photos during the trip and carried 128 GB of CF memory. I filled 110gb worth of it overall shooting RAW - wouldnt fit on my iPad anyway.

I had 4 32gb cards I used, and processed all of the images when I got home. If you HAVE to view the files, take a laptop, if not, get a few extra RAM cards and take the iPad.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought a new iPad, 32g wifi,,,I haven't taken it out of the box yet, I want to use it on a trip to Europe, transfer photos onto it, edit them , manage them, upload them to my blog, is an iPad the right tool for this??? michael

Did you ever open it? I would return if I could as the next version is due out in a few months....

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well you COULD keep it in the box...however it would be easier to use it outside of the box. LOL!!!

It does not matter what WE think. It is about what YOU want. Nothing else is important or matters. If you decide to keep the iPad make sure that you have a camera connection kit though.

It WILL do what you want it to though. Just make sure that you have the Photoshop app for the iPad installed.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The whole concept of having a cool gadget in my hands, and not taking it out of the box, is so alien to me that I can not offer any coherent advice.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The whole concept of having a cool gadget in my hands, and not taking it out of the box, is so alien to me that I can not offer any coherent advice.

It iS unthinkable. Ok tell you what then.....sent the iPad to me! FREE! Then you will not have to worry about it any longer! :p :D

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you really want to take the iPad on a trip, then just get it out of the box.
1. it's much easier to use out of the box
2. the packaging adds a lot of bulk while travelling
3. you'll need some practice if you want to use it and know all of the features you want to use

:) :) :)

Most reactions