What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharing photos from iPad 2

Buddyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not a regular on this forum. I would have searched this topic before posting but am unable to see a search function within the site, so here goes. I am seeking a recommendation for how to most effectively share photos from my wife's iPad 2 with other people.

I run OSX El Capitan version 10.11.1 on my desktop PC. I download photos to it from my camera, including photos taken by my wife. She uses an iPad 2 running up to date software. I am aware that I can sync the iPad using iTunes but that means a very large number of photos which would quickly overwhelm her 16GB capacity. Ideally I want her to be able to view a fair number of photos, then email just a few of them as desired. Here is what I am doing to achieve that currently.

I store photos in a designated folder within my PC. Those that I want to share with my wife I post to my Google Drive which she can access using her iPad. In theory she can then email selected pictures from Google Drive, but in practice it becomes a lengthy, laborious process for her when there is more than one simple picture to be emailed. She is not very tech savvy and gets lost if any process becomes too complicated. (I am aware there are other ways to share from Google Drive, links, etc., but want to do so by sending pictures within emails, a process she is comfortable with.)

Suffice to say the current Google Drive method is not fitting our needs. Can someone suggest a better way, please?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Buddyboy - I hope that by 'PC' you mean a Mac computer and not a Mackintosh which is illegal? Just saying - :cool:

BUT, your wife is stuck w/ not only an old iPad but one w/ the most limited storage - another option (and there are more, so I'll just suggest one more for now) is to use Apple's AirDrop (see HERE) which will require a new iPad - I use the feature constantly to transfer files (of various types) between our Macs (iMac & MBPro) and iDevices. Dave :)

OP
Buddyboy

Buddyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for your suggestions, exactly what I was asking for. You have given me some good stuff to work with. It's odd that I can find good programmes to share videos with the iPad yet fewer for photos.

Most reactions