What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebraLMartin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
twoendsofthepen.blogspot.com
Hi All,

I'm a longtime MAC lover and I'm thrilled that my books can now be purchased through the iBookstore. I write science fiction with my co-author David W Small. We have 2 novels for $2.99 each in our "Rule of Otharia" series available.

"Quest for Nobility"
Description:
Royal twins, Dyla and Darius Telkur, have everything they could ever want. Dyla is a empathic beauty and Darius, is telepathic and heir to the Telkur throne. When the unthinkable happens and their parents are murdered, they find themselves at the mercy of an evil mastermind bent on their destruction. Framed for murder, they must run for their lives, but can they outrun a telekinetic assassin?

We have a 5 star review:
Customer Reviews
Excellent by Angrier than birds!
This book is excellent along with book 2, The crystal facade. Can't wait for the 3rd book in this series!

The second book in the series is "The Crystal Facade"
Description:
Otharian twins Darius and Dyla Telkur have a problem: they know too much. When Dyla's dream visions of London's crime boss portend an imminent threat to her family, she returns to Earth to seek answers. What the twins don't realize is that they have stumbled upon a secret conspiracy, one best kept secret. Time is running out. Assassins on both planets are on the move and the twins are the target.

We also have 2 post-apocalyptic novellas for .99/each available in the Dark Future series:
The Path to War
Description:
In a last attempt to turn the tide in a desperate war, General Matthew Smith of the American Freedom Fighters asks Master Samurai Kenzo and his unit of warriors to make a batch of the ultimate weapons. Memory weapons infuse its user with the skills and memories of a master warrior. But, will the cost be too high when the weapons fall into the hands of a unit of unstable augmented soldiers?

The Right Path
Description:
Abraham "Ham" Jones, a cripple, and Zia Slate, a tomboy with an attitude, find themselves unlikely partners In this post apocalyptic tale of survival. Their lives are irrevocably changed when they encounter a mysterious old man bearing gifts - a cane for Ham and a knife for Zia. Nothing is as it seems and they must fight for their lives when it's discovered they have 2 legendary memory weapons.

Happy Reading! :)

Deb

marlahrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dashdietcover.jpg

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice everyone having read all of my favorite authors books I am always in the market for books by new authors and you have given me quite a few books to look at so thank you all and I can't wait to see more.

DArenson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firefly Island, a $2.99 fantasy novel

Hi everyone,

I'd like to introduce my $2.99 fantasy novel "Firefly Island", available in iBookstore.

EBookSmall.jpg

"This is the most excited I have ever been about a fantasy book!" -- ReaderViews.com

King Sinther, his flesh made of stone, tyrannizes the enchanted Firefly Island. Swords and arrows break against him. Armies crash before him. All of Firefly Island--a land of magic and mystery--suffers under his cruelty.

But one girl, a simple slave girl, has magic that can stop him. Whatever Aeolia feels, she can make others feel: joy, sadness, hunger... even pain. If she hurt herself and shared the pain, she could hurt the mad stone king.

Can Aeolia escape King Sinther's assassins, defeat him, and save Firefly Island?

"A very promising debut... I would highly recommend this book." -- FantasyBookSpot.com

"Breathtaking... It's all about pain and torment and horror and, at the end of the day, love. It's a dark fairy tale about the lengths we will go to in order to prove our devotion to our siblings, our friends, our communities, our fathers... I LOVED THIS BOOK. I'm not usually one for fantasy, but I couldn't stop reading it. It's really that good. Check it out. You won't be disappointed." -- Author Robert J. Duperre

You can learn more about the novel, read more reviews, and find a free sample here: Daniel Arenson, Fantasy Author - iPad and Kindle Fantasy Novels, Fantasy Writing Tips

You can find "Firefly Island" either in iBookstore or the Kindle store (for you "Kindle for iPad" users). I hope you enjoy the book! Thanks for the opportunity to tell you about it.

D

DaringNovelist

Hi, all! I'd like to tell people about my light mystery, which is for 2.99 in the iBook store.

HAVE GUN, WILL PLAY is a humorous mystery western.

Mick and Casey McKee aren't exactly your average gunslingers. He's young and inexperienced, and has much too sunny a disposition for a gunman. She's younger, meaner, less experienced, but a much better shot. They got married the day they met and still getting to know each other.

When they get a job protecting the daughter of a stagecoach king--and her grand collection of toys--it seems like an opportunity to go someplace new. But after the wrong kidnapping, a murder, another wrong kidnapping, a couple of jewel heists and a few knocks to the head, Mick and Casey are left holding the bag of toys. Mick, however, is not as dumb as he seems, and as for Casey...nobody steals her gun and gets away with it.

Camille

sspress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you a boomer?

Do you remember growing up in the 50's? I am sure you will relate to "Scags" a delightful and precocious seven year old girl growing up in Skokie during the 50's. Follow "Scags" through her summer vacation. Her idyllic existence becomes complicated when her family begins to unravel.

You can download the book for FREE by going to:

donna.callea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…
And oh,
The times, they are a changin’...

With apologies to Charles Dickens and Bob Dylan, New Coastal Times is a tale of what could very well happen in our times.

As Hurricane Walter, the worst hurricane ever recorded (at least so far), reshapes the overdeveloped East Central Florida coast, swallows condos up whole, and ushers in a world-wide disaster-filled era spurred by global warming, an intrepid band of survivors attempts to make the best of things. And if that includes singing Broadway show tunes, well, who are we to complain? Narrated by Mia Gionfreddo Fine, a failed environmental reporter for a (let’s face it) crummy newspaper, the novel explores a number of themes-- from the power of love to the quirkiness of religion-- as a not-so-brave new world unfolds in the wake of cataclysmic natural and unnatural disasters. Meet the Waiting for Jesus crowd in Okefenokee Swamp Park, the oversexed throngs in a government-sanctioned commune for displaced youth, and the ordinary folks just doing what they’ve always done-- trying to get by.

New Coastal Times has received 13 great reader reviews so far, and one review from someone who didn’t like my novel at all. She thought it was too “Al Gorish†and anti-Christian.

Hope you’ll give it a try and make up your own mind.
I'd love to get some reviews in the ibook store.

Here's the link: New Coastal Times by Donna Callea - Download New Coastal Times with iBooks

Priced at just $2.99. Thank you for your indulgence.

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
My short story "Protecting the Innocent" from my collection of crime stories, Asking For Trouble, picked up a Dagger Award nomination from the Crime Writers Association in the UK for Best Short Story. The other nominees include Jeffrey Deaver and Peter Robinson. It's a nice feather to have in my cap.

learnmegood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,
I am very happy to see that my humor novel, Learn Me Good is now available for download in the ibookstore.

Learn Me Good is the story of Jack Woodson, who was a thermal design engineer for four years until he was laid off from his job. Now, as a teacher, he faces new challenges. Conference calls have been replaced with parent conferences. Product testing has given way to standardized testing. Instead of business cards, Jack now passes out report cards. The only thing that hasn't changed noticeably is the maturity level of the people surrounding him all day. Learn Me Good is a hilarious first-person account, inspired by real life experiences. Through a series of emails to Fred Bommerson, his buddy who still works at Heat Pumps Unlimited, Jack chronicles a year-in-the-life of a brand new teacher. With subject lines such as "Irritable Vowel Syndrome," "In math class, no one can hear you scream," and "I love the smell of Lysol in the morning," Jack writes each email with a dash of sarcasm and plenty of irreverent wit.

Check it out, and enjoy!

Read Learn Me Good in print!

John Pearson

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out my book "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties," available in the iBook Store for $2.99.

As one of the first post-WWII Baby Boomers, the author's childhood and early teenage years were in the 1950s, a remarkable decade for the United States that saw enormous political, technological, and cultural changes. Although many books have covered the headline-making events of the era in great detail, few of these books give the reader a real feel for what daily life was like for Americans living in that decade, especially for kids growing up then. The author remembers the little nuts and bolts things of daily life for families during the fascinating decade known as the Fabulous Fifties. "Recollections" perfectly blends paying homage to the little day-to-day rituals with a larger scale examination of social issues and mores of the times, and it’s equally entertaining on either level. "Recollections" is a warm, lovingly honest, and fascinating portrait of America in the mid-20th Century.

"Recollections" has sold more than 1,400 copies in all formats in the twelve months since it was published. With 34 5-star reviews at Amazon, including several top ebook review sites, you can't go wrong.

4650358668_d00e6699b6_o.jpg

CarlWebster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
dabcc.com
How I found the forum

May I ask where our new members that haven't really commented on anything except to promote their books found this forum?

I found you from a Google search trying to get info on the iBook Store. In just a few minutes on this forum found how to derive a link to my book.

I find it interesting to read what everyone is doing.

Now I am trying to figure out how to customize the pages in the store like I have seen some others do.

Also, is there an "author's page" where I can give info on who I am for someone interested in my book?

Thanks

Webster

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out my book "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties," available in the iBook Store for $2.99.

As one of the first post-WWII Baby Boomers, the author's childhood and early teenage years were in the 1950s, a remarkable decade for the United States that saw enormous political, technological, and cultural changes. Although many books have covered the headline-making events of the era in great detail, few of these books give the reader a real feel for what daily life was like for Americans living in that decade, especially for kids growing up then. The author remembers the little nuts and bolts things of daily life for families during the fascinating decade known as the Fabulous Fifties. "Recollections" perfectly blends paying homage to the little day-to-day rituals with a larger scale examination of social issues and mores of the times, and it’s equally entertaining on either level. "Recollections" is a warm, lovingly honest, and fascinating portrait of America in the mid-20th Century.

"Recollections" has sold more than 1,400 copies in all formats in the twelve months since it was published. With 34 5-star reviews at Amazon, including several top ebook review sites, you can't go wrong.

4650358668_d00e6699b6_o.jpg

Hi Jim the link of your books its this one :

Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties by Jim Chambers - Download Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties with iBooks

i hope that will help you to promote your book, but seem’s is not available in US iBooks store

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
9b4fed997492d9ef4d60a2deb9d97c0c34a70f46

Two years have passed since Senta, the sorceress Zurfina, and Bessemer the steel dragon arrived in the strange land of Birmisia. Now it is up to the settlers to build a home in this dark and forbidding land, ruled by terrifying dinosaurs and strange lizardmen. Ten year old Senta must discover which is the greater threat, a would-be wizard or the ever-increasing presence of the tyrannosaurus.

Senta and the Steel Dragon Book 2: The Dark and Forbidding Land is available now at iBooks for $3.99.

Senta and the Steel Dragon Book 0: Brechalon is available Free now at iBooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions