What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FREE IBook in IBook Store (MetaGame)

OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MetaGame hit 100 ratings with 4.5 stars. Whoohoo! Thanks everyone who rated.

Sam

BennyRox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Metagame: Simply the best free book on the iPad

Sam Landstom's book, MetaGame, is simply superb. The subject matter is no surprise - clearly our author is on the bleeding edge of things technological.

I downloaded the free book weeks ago, but I only started reading it a few days back. It is without doubt a genuine page-turner (there should be a new iPad term for this phenomenon - perhaps MetaGame is the first PageFlipper™ ??)

The main characters are richly defined and are brought to life in a frighteningly plausible vision of a future. Dialogue is beautifully sculpted and it serves to drive the story forward at a brisk, exciting pace.

Our hero(?) D_Light is a person many of us in the iPad world can relate to and his odyssey will simultaneously entertain you and challenge your personal attitudes toward life, religion, relationships, and even the fabric of human society.

My message is simple: Download MetaGame and read it. If, as Sam has indicated, the book comes out in printed form towards the end of 2010, then I will buy it just to support this excellent writer’s endeavours.

Sam, you are a writer of the highest order. Thanks for a tremendous read!

BennyRox

OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sam Landstom's book, MetaGame, is simply superb. The subject matter is no surprise - clearly our author is on the bleeding edge of things technological.

I downloaded the free book weeks ago, but I only started reading it a few days back. It is without doubt a genuine page-turner (there should be a new iPad term for this phenomenon - perhaps MetaGame is the first PageFlipperâ„¢ ??)

The main characters are richly defined and are brought to life in a frighteningly plausible vision of a future. Dialogue is beautifully sculpted and it serves to drive the story forward at a brisk, exciting pace.

Our hero(?) D_Light is a person many of us in the iPad world can relate to and his odyssey will simultaneously entertain you and challenge your personal attitudes toward life, religion, relationships, and even the fabric of human society.

My message is simple: Download MetaGame and read it. If, as Sam has indicated, the book comes out in printed form towards the end of 2010, then I will buy it just to support this excellent writer’s endeavours.

Sam, you are a writer of the highest order. Thanks for a tremendous read!

BennyRox

Wow, it was a pleasure reading your well written and thoughtful post, Benny!

Yes, the book is going to be available around November. If you want to subscribe to my mailing list to get a notification on this book and others in the future, go to Home Page and leave your email address. Or you can go like my facebook page.

Thanks again,
Sam

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
Wow! This is great!!
Thank you for sharing your work! Can't wait to read it!
I remember that I saw it on bn yesterday or somewhere, very familiar with the title!
Can't believe that it's the author's post! Wow
Thanks a trillion!
:D

OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! This is great!!
Thank you for sharing your work! Can't wait to read it!
I remember that I saw it on bn yesterday or somewhere, very familiar with the title!
Can't believe that it's the author's post! Wow
Thanks a trillion!
:D

Thank you, Roi. Hope you dig it. Also, I hope you got it when it was free. I just raised the price... Well, not that I can't use the money, buy you know. :D

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Start readig it, really cool sci-fi.
I like Number 2# very much.

wingnut1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Sam. Very good work and your book displays well on the iPad. In fact it is the first book I've downloaded.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great read

I have finished this book. Very good story, outstanding world concept. Well worth the time invested to read.

When's the sequel coming out?:D

Will continue to follow your work.

Tpaulengineer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sam

I search in iBooks and metagames shows in search result list, but when u click it... No book is shown ... Did they drop u?
I REALLY want to read on my iPhone/iPad will it be there again? I am willing to pay$
Thanks

OP
S

Sam Landstrom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sam

I search in iBooks and metagames shows in search result list, but when u click it... No book is shown ... Did they drop u?
I REALLY want to read on my iPhone/iPad will it be there again? I am willing to pay$
Thanks

MetaGame has been re-released by AmazonEncore (Amazon.com's new publishing house) and they don't have it available on the iBook Store.

You can download the free iPad/iPhone Kindle reading app and then get [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003LSTK7C/"]MetaGame on Amazon.com[/ame] for $2.99.

Thanks!
Sam

Most reactions

Latest posts