What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Wood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.simonwood.net
The big news for me is that I’m happy to announce that the Crime Writers Association in the UK has nominated my short story, Protecting the Innocent, for a Dagger Award. The Daggers are mystery writers equivalent of the Oscars, but with knifes as prizes. It's a pretty cool nomination, but my fellow nominees are: Sean Chercover, Jeffrey Deaver, Robert Ferrigno, Ridley Pearson, Peter Robinson & Jon Land, so competition is stiff.

The story appears in my collection Asking for Trouble and the anthology Thriller 2 edited by Clive Cussler.

The winner will be announced in July.

gthater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.glenngthater.com
The Gateway by Glenn G. Thater is available for FREE from Smashwords.com in multiple different ebook formats (pdf, txt, html, mobi, kindle, etc.) Please download and enjoy! If you like it, please post a review on Amazon.com. Here's the link for your FREE copy: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4884.
The Gateway was recently voted 3rd best Fantasy Novel of 2009 in the Preditors & Editors Readers Poll!

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery, all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed our dreams. And his outre realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming – the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest heroes, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man’s mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga
Book 1: The Gateway (free on smashwords.com; $3.99 paperback)
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

regards,
glenn g. thater
author of harbinger of doom

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gary, I bought "The Ezekiel Code" several months ago, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I'm looking forward to it.

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Recollections"

My nonfiction book "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties" is on sale for the Kindle, iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, or for the PC/Mac for only 99 cents. "Recollections" will be available soon in the iBook Store.

"Recollections" has received a 5-star review at Red Adept Reviews, and the Kindle Review recently ranked it as #25 in their rankings of indie books in the Kindle Store.

Get it now for the sale price of only 99 cents.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Recollections-Boomers-Memories-Fabulous-ebook/dp/B002H9XTWI/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2"]Amazon.com: Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties…[/ame]

4650358668_d00e6699b6_o.jpg

WDGagliani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.williamdgagliani.com
Howdy iPad Readers!

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for being interested in our Kindle (et al) books. My novels are all available on Kindle, Sony, Nook and so forth, and will also soon be on the iPad. In the meantime, you Kindle App users can check out my stuff if you like thrillers, horror, noir, and combinations of the three.

My novel WOLF'S TRAP was a Bram Stoker Award nominee in 2004. Leisure Books has published it, its sequel WOLF'S GAMBIT, and the third, WOLF'S BLUFF will be out in July. WOLF'S EDGE is coming in 2011. And my novel SAVAGE NIGHTS is an ebook only thriller with strong horror undertones -- and not for the faint of heart!

Here's the description:

Tormented Vietnam veteran Rick Brant is forced to use his inconsistent and unreliable psychic ability when his beloved 19-year old niece, Kit, is kidnapped from a busy mall. Realizing that Kit has been snatched for auction by an international sexual slavery ring, Brant reconnects with his Vietnam buddies, some of them ex-cops, to help him pry her from the clutches of the ruthless Goran ("the Serb") and his gang. Her ultimate destination may be a modern harem, a brothel, a dungeon, or one of the Serb's kinky slavery clubs. Or worse. As the horror of Kit's captivity increases daily, Brant becomes rescuer, avenging angel - and executioner. In his quest, he may find redemption for his own past sins. SAVAGE NIGHTS is a tough, pulls-no-punches, noir thriller that's not for the faint of heart.

Includes bonus material: excerpts from horror thrillers by W.D. Gagliani, John Everson, and Scott Nicholson, and a complete crime short story by David Benton and W.D. Gagliani.

W.D. Gagliani is also the author of WOLF'S TRAP, WOLF'S GAMBIT, WOLF'S BLUFF, WOLF'S EDGE (2011), all from Leisure Books. Gagliani is a member of the Horror Writers Association (HWA) and the International Thriller Writers (ITW). See williamdgagliani.com for more info!

Praise for WOLF'S TRAP:

"The best werewolf novel since The Howling!"
-- J.A. Konrath, author of Bloody Mary, Rusty Nail, Cherry Bomb

"Gagliani has brought bite back to the werewolf novel. "
-- CNN.com Headline News Book Lizard review by James Argendeli

"Part horror tale, part crime novel, this is first-rate entertainment that will keep you reading deep into the moonlit night."
-- Tom Piccirilli, author of The Dead Letters and The Coldest Mile

"Simply put, this book rocks. It's fun, exciting, gritty, sexy, and nasty..."
-- HorrorWorld.org

Praise for WOLF'S GAMBIT:

"A great big bloody beast of a book that enthralls the reader on multiple levels. Vicious, gory, sexy, fascinating--part-supernatural thriller, part-police procedural, pure dynamite!"
-- Edward Lee, author of Brides of the Impaler, The Black Train, and The Golem

"... a real nail-biter of a werewolf book. Absolutely first rate!"
-- Jonathan Maberry, author of The Wolfman, Zombie CSU, and They Bite

Praise for WOLF'S BLUFF:

"Gagliani once more proves that werewolves are scary as hell. The book is fast, vicious and thoroughly satisfying."
-- Jonathan Maberry, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of The Wolfman and The Dragon Factory

"Gagliani hits another homerun with Wolf's Bluff, a sexy, fast-paced novel that keeps you reading at break-neck speed."
-- Deborah LeBlanc, author of Water Witch

"Wolf's Bluff is creepy, sexy, fast-paced, and brimming with humanity; just what I expected from a writer of Gagliani's caliber."
-- Gary A. Braunbeck, Bram Stoker Award-winning author of Coffin County and Far Dark Fields

OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
Hi David -

How did you manage to embed the youtube video into your post? I tried to use the youtube embed code to display my video but it didn't work. Just curious. :)

I'll show you my code:
[/*url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsZcFZ2Pv8]YouTube - The Second Coming[/*/url]

Just paste in your own youtube code in place of mine and remove the /* from the front of the url tags.

Last edited:

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
54cdcb68a3021c3e4fc93fec4fef9aa205421802

In a world where men are almost extinct, someone is trying to kill history's greatest rock & roll band. Science Police Agent John Andrews must negotiate a complicated relationship with Ep!phanee, the band's lead singer; drummer Ruth De Molay, bassist Steffie Sin, and the redheaded clone lead guitarist Penny Dreadful, as he protects them and tries to discover who wants to kill the Ladybugs.

This book should be available in iBooks at this time. If it's not there yet, it can be found at Smashwords here: Smashwords - Tesla's Stepdaughters - A book by Wesley Allison. It is $2.99, but if you use the Smashwords coupon code DA94B, you will save $1.00 until Feb 3, 2011.

Code9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ashreturnofthebeast.webs.com
A Bite Out of Time - (A rock-n-roll vampire tale with a time travel twist)

A rock-n-roll vampire tale with a time travel twist!
By Gary Val Tenuta, author of the best selling novel, The Ezekiel Code
BiteCover1bOpti-1.jpg

BooksInSynchWinner.jpg

Set primarily in the late 1960s, this seductively shocking short story (approx. 7,000 words) begins innocently enough when an up-and-coming folk/rock group called Blind Man's Bluff is playing a New Year's gig at the Backstreet Ballroom, an historical old building on the outskirts of Los Angeles.

Many years ago, or so it's said, the members of something called the Blood Cult used to hold some sort of bizarre, depraved rituals somewhere deep in the bowels of the old building. It's just an urban legend, of course. It is. Isn't it? Well, no matter. Vince Blaylock, the lead singer with the band, couldn't have cared less about that. A full-fledged hippie, a poster child for the Love Generation, and a rising young rock star, Vince was just thrilled to be playing the Ballroom, the hottest venue in town. Everything was just groovy – until he stepped out back to grab a smoke between sets.

But you know, a dark alley behind an old building in the middle of the night is probably not the best place to hang out... alone. I mean, something's gotta happen and it's probably not going to be good... Right? And you know the ironic thing? His friends used to tell him it would be the cigarettes that would kill him. You're probably guessing that's not what killed him and you'd be right about that. You're probably guessing it was a vampire and you'd be right about that too. I don't think I'm spoiling anything here because it is a vampire story... right? But that's just the beginning of a tale that takes a most unusual turn. You won't see it coming any more than Vince saw it coming. This is a story of a reluctant vampire's revenge. This is a vampire tale with a time travel twist. This is Twilight meets The Twilight Zone.

Ready to get your groove on? Far out!
Come join rocker, Vince Blaylock, as he takes
A Bite Out of Time!
Yours for just 99 cents!
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Bite-Out-Time-rock-n-roll-ebook/dp/B002OHD2CK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1275293356&sr=1-1[/ame]

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

David M

iPF Noob
Reaction score

CL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
cathrynlouis.blogspot.com
Sunrise on the Pier - synopsis

Sunrise on the Pier, a suspenseful, atypical love story, is the tale of 'scary smart' business analyst Gabrielle Winston and how she endangers her life.

First, she predicts the 2008 financial market meltdown - in September 2007. Then she uncovers a rival consortium's plot to use the meltdown to destroy her firm. Gabrielle's findings thrust her into the middle of a war among ruthless, ultra-rich industrialists and escalate that war past intrigue and espionage into murder. Gabrielle expects to find respite in the normalcy of her personal relationships but the facade melts away, revealing that her world had never been what she'd thought it to be. Is it time to fold 'em or should she stay and defend the life she has built for herself?

In the final confrontation Gabrielle has to pull her best bluff to win - and she doesn't even have a poker face. What does Jarin Cole San Chappelle have to do with her situation? Everything...

Published at
for iBooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts