What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.barracudabook.com
Barracuda

Hello I-paders,
Thanks for this opportunity to promote my novel, Barracuda.

Recovering from a gunshot wound he’d received while in the line of duty, NYPD Detective Mick O’Shaughnessy is in need of some relaxing time away from the big city. A vacation in the peaceful, scenic Bikini Atoll, a scuba diver’s paradise, could be the panacea to heal his wounded leg as well as his shattered nerves. Then again, maybe it isn’t. The Majestic Resort Hotel, unfortunately, does not turn out to be the bastion of tranquility Mick had hoped to enjoy. Immediately upon arrival, Mick inadvertently finds himself dropped in the middle of an international money laundering operation, a territorial feud between the island natives and the resort developers, and an impending mob war between the Russian Mafia and the Japanese Yakuza. If that weren’t nerve-wracking enough, the many years of nuclear testing that had taken place in Bikini Atoll after World War II have had an unusual effect on the sea life in the lagoon—and the freakishly large mutant barracuda who dwells there perceives all scuba-diving tourists as lunch meat.

Barracuda is a fast-paced story in which international intrigue, environmental catastrophe, and the sense of cultural pride collide. Even on vacation, Mick O’Shaughnessy is a detective at heart, and he refuses to fly away from the chaos in this island paradise until all questions are answered and feelings of safety and justice take over the atoll.

The historical significance of the location and the underwater depictions in Barracuda are well researched, with the story incorporating the history of Bikini Atoll in the years after World War II, authentic scuba-diving knowledge, and proper police procedure into its plot, characters, and scenic detail. Barracuda will be enjoyed by readers who appreciate the aquatic action of Jaws, the mob intrigue of The Godfather, and the police procedural sense of The Onion Field.

56 Amazon reviews for a 4 star total.

Thanks,
Mike Monahan
author of
Barracuda

Attachments

• Barracuda book cover.jpg
    Barracuda book cover.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

donna.callea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm used to promoting my books on the amazon kindle forums and kindle boards. But now that my husband bought an IPAD (woo hoo!) and I've got both my books in the IPAD store (double woo hoo!), I'm happy to have found this forum.

I have two novels available for the IPAD. Both have received terrific Amazon reader reviews and both are just $2.99.

In this post, I'll tell you about NEW COASTAL TIMES.

Here's a brief synopsis:

As Hurricane Walter, the worst hurricane ever recorded (at least so far), reshapes the overdeveloped East Central Florida coast, swallows condos up whole, and ushers in a world-wide disaster-filled era spurred by global warming, Mia Gionfreddo Fine crouches in the crumbling newsroom of the (let's face it) crummy newspaper she works for, listening to the publisher sing Broadway show tunes.

Set in the near future (maybe tomorrow), NEW COASTAL TIMES is a seriocomic romp through a not-so-brave new world where religious fanatics wait for Jesus in the Okefenokee Swamp, martial law rules in the still existing cities, and the government sets up free-love communes for displaced youth. There are no zombies (sorry) in this post-apocalyptic tale. But love, laughter, friendship and hope survive as a group of intrepid travelers—including former so-so reporter Mia, her adorable dedicated doctor husband, his avuncular tenor mentor, a good-hearted baritone pimp, and the show-tune-singing publisher (an aging soprano)— make their way from Florida to New York in the New Coastal Times Performing Arts Center van. Because, when you get right down to it, there really is no place like home.

Here's the link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/new-coastal-times/id365936904?mt=11

Last edited:

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Recollections"

My nonfiction book "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties" is now in the iBook Store for only $1.99.

"Recollections" has received a 5-star review at Red Adept Reviews, and iReview recently ranked it as #25 in their rankings of indie books in the Kindle Store. At Amazon, "Recollections: has 32 5-star reviews.

Check it out in the iBook Store!

OP
davidhburton

davidhburton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
davidhburton.com
The Goodreads discussion of The Second Coming is starting soon for those that have read it, or are interested in reading it.

Cheers!
David

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

netnaut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VRIN: ten mortal gods by John Michael Hileman.

Beyond our waking minds, past the infinite dark where only whispers
live, is a secret place of such unimaginable importance that God
Himself has hidden it from us. Until now.

Is Jason Tardin a god? The people of Vrin believe so, and why shouldn't they? After all, he has the power to manipulate the invisible wire structures upon which their world is painted. But, if he IS a god, then why can't he remember? Dreams, virtual reality, and the world between life and death collide in this surreal mystery, where nothing is quite as it seems.

Available for FREE sampling at Smashwords.com or download straight to your Iphone or Ipad.

Always Write

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.davidderrico.com
THE TWILLER, A Humorous Sci-Fi Novel For Just $2.99

Hello all, I am very excited to announce that my third novel, The Twiller, was just released on the Apple iBook Store. :D

ttcover360.jpg

iBook Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9781452396538

Fans of my first two novels (my earlier post about them is here), Right Ascension and Declination, will find a lighter, more casual read -- a funny, satirical look at the cities we live in and the inane and silly situations we find ourselves in every day. The description:

Ian Harebungler, our hapless hero, just can't catch a break. First, the deli ran out of his favorite cucumber sandwiches. Then he left the gas on at home. But the lowlight was being abducted from his front yard by a particularly ill-mannered alien, one who apparently doesn't believe in anesthetic, no less. Fortunately, Ian is saved by an unlikely ally: the Twiller, whose bravery is somewhat overshadowed by its uncanny resemblance to a floating yellow marshmallow with big eyes.

The Twiller follows the adventures of Ian and his newfound companion as they are whisked around the Universe, and Ian learns how difficult it can be to find his way home to a backwater planet called "Earth." Along the way, Ian must survive the traffic of El Leigh, the enthusiastic protestors of Bez Erkeley, and rampaging politicians in the city of WMD. Even worse, he must contend with exorbitant prices in the city of York, endure the heat and crazy drivers in Fleur Ida, and struggle to escape the small planet of "Huh? Why E?" before he contracts island fever. Astute readers might pick up on subtle correlations to real places here on Earth, but my lawyers have reminded me to state that such resemblances are purely coincidental.

As it starts to dawn on Ian that the bizarre planets he visits suffer from many of the same problems, comical situations, and inane rules all too familiar to him, he stumbles upon an important secret that gives his quest to return home added urgency. Can Ian make it home? Will he arrive in time to prevent a terrible catastrophe? And can he find a flight without a Saturday night stopover? The answer lies with the Twiller…

Thank you very much for taking a look at it. The Twiller is on sale now for just $2.99. Please check out my website for more reviews and excerpts to help you decide if you might enjoy it: Thanks, and enjoy!

Moderation Notice:​ This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

TH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gregdawe.com
Theta Head - a neuroscience thriller

Hi all,

My debut novel, Theta Head, was published by Caffeine Nights publishing recently. It's a neuroscience/mind-technology book which one reviewer described as William Gibson re-writes Alex Garland's The Beach.

It's about how technology can bring people closer to themselves, as opposed to its more popular use of bringing people closer together.

There is a FREE mini-ebook sample comprosing the first SEVEN Chapters over at my site in a variety of formats. I hope you enjoy it.

Ibook store - Theta Head

Kindle UK edition at amazon: [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theta-Head/dp/B003ZYEUXQ/ref=sr_1_1?%20ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1292563595&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Theta-Head/dp/B003ZYEUXQ/ref=sr_1_1? ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1292563595&sr=8-1[/ame]

Free mini-ebook also avalaible at Smashwords: Smashwords - Theta Head - A book by Greg Dawe

Now also at Kobo Books

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Theta-Head/book-aLS9SSQwFEiQXDyOEOyRzQ/page1.html

Back cover blurb...

Stark naked consciousness is exposed like a raw nerve as Georgia’s search for her missing boyfriend, Ben, takes her from London through Asia.

On route she discovers that Ben has been using a neuroscience technology – one that offers the potential of complete liberation to anyone who uses it. It is a technology Georgia must embrace if she is to find Ben, but one that is such an intimate catalyst for change Georgia isn’t sure she can handle the side of herself it uncovers.

It is only her desire to find Ben which drives her on; a force which leads her to the Theta Heads and a choice: continue using the technology to hack away at her layers of mental static and find the real reason he disappeared, or let go and face a future without him.

Theta Head – technology doesn’t need a mind of its own, it can have ours.

gthater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.glenngthater.com
Fantasy Series - Harbinger of Doom

Greetings iPad folks,

Allow me to introduce my fantasy series Harbinger of Doom.

THE HARBINGER OF DOOM SAGA

The Harbinger of Doom saga centers around one Lord Angle Theta, an enigmatic warrior of unknown origins and mystical power. No mortal man is his match in battle. No sorcery can contain or confound him. No scholar or sage can outwit him. But for all his skills, he is but one of us; a man, a human, who shares our faults, our dreams, and our ambitions. He boldly strides across the land, fearless, peerless, and cloaked in mystery, all his will bent on righting such wrongs as he deems fit.
Until the day the Gateway opened and turned the world on its head. On that fateful day, Korrgonn came and washed our dreams. And his outre realms of chaos set their unholy mark upon our world and claimed it for their own.
Only Theta and his companions see the enemies aligning against us. Only they foresee our end coming – the end of civilization, the end of the world of man. Only they can hope to turn the tide of madness and preserve all that we hold dear.
But no man, not even our greatest heroes, can stand against the Lords of Chaos and the dark armies of Nifleheim at their command. Fiends that infiltrate unseen within our ranks, that tear down our temples and our traditions; that devour us from within, unseen, unknown, unheralded, and unopposed until the hour grows far too late.
Through the murk and mist that hangs before our eyes, one man only sees true. One man pierces the veil of magic that blinds us all and marks the world as it truly is, revealing secrets, secrets of Angle Theta, so horrifying as to shatter a man’s mind and call into question the very nature of good and evil.
Join us now on our journey back to the days of high adventure.

The Harbinger of Doom Saga
Book 1: The Gateway
Book 2: The Fallen Angle
Book 3: Knight Eternal
Books 1 & 2 combined: Harbinger of Doom
Book 4+ (forthcoming)

regards,
glenn g. thater
author of harbinger of doom

JC46

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties

My nonfiction book "Recollections: A Baby Boomer's Memories of the Fabulous Fifties" is now available in the iBook store for only $2.99. "Recollections" has sold more than 1,500 copies in the first twelve months since publication. It has received 34 5-star reviews, including a 5-star review by Red Adept.

The author's childhood and early teenage years were in the 1950s, a remarkable decade for the United States that saw enormous political, technological, and cultural changes. Although many books have covered the headline-making events of the era in great detail, few of these books give the reader a real feel for what daily life was like for Americans living in that decade, especially for kids growing up then. The author remembers the little nuts and bolts things of daily life for families during the fascinating decade known as the Fabulous Fifties. "Recollections" perfectly blends paying homage to the little day-to-day rituals with a larger scale examination of social issues and mores of the times, and it’s equally entertaining on either level. "Recollections" is a warm, lovingly honest, and fascinating portrait of America in the mid-20th Century.

"Recollections" is an easy, short stroll down Memory Lane to life in the United States during the mid-20th century.

4650358694_6f76f4a2d3.jpg

Valmore Daniels

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
valmoredaniels.com
Both of my novels are available on iBookstore.

Click the images for the preview pages on itunes.

Have a super day!

Valmore Daniels

Last edited:

ASparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
XENOLITH

Lassoed, knocked down, face planted in the dirt -- best thing to happen to Frank Bowen in years. When wife Liz went missing in the wilds of Belize, the constables of San Ignacio could find no trace. Years later, on a pilgrimage to her remote 'grave,' Frank is abducted and whisked away to a place he can't identify, by people whose motives and origins baffle him. Could this be what happened to Liz?

Xenolith by A. Sparrow - Download Xenolith with iBooks

... FREE DOWNLOAD ...

SAMPLE REVIEW:

"Great, great book. I don't normally like fantasy and sci-fi, but this book blew me away. I'd actually categorize it as "Action/Adventure". I love the multiple plot lines, the jumping around of the point of view, the snappy chapters ... every time I opened the book to read on it was like calling up good friends and heading out to an adventure."

The Sequel - PEREGRIN - available soon.

Mary McDonald

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I had a review on the Amazon that summarizes the story very well in addition to giving a reader's perspective:

From today's headlines, photographer Mark Taylor finds himself in the incredulous position of being arrested as a homegrown terrorist and incarcerated at a secret location ... only he's not a terrorist, yet no one believes him. An unfortunate set of circumstances combined with a systematic campaign by the government to discredit him causes even those closest to Taylor to doubt his innocence. No one can defend a terrorist; so, he is left alone to defend himself. His unyielding resolve to maintain his innocence tests his sanity, his belief in the people and the world he knows, as well as his very will to live.

Author, Mary McDonald, creates a post-September 11th world full of over-zealous governmental agencies, disappearing witnesses, and a mysterious camera that produces photos depicting future events and disturbing dreams for Taylor ... that can sometimes be changed. Her insight into law enforcement and procedures makes the story plausible. Her character development and descriptions of details drew me into the action to where I felt as if I was truly there, transported into the book.

JC Phelps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
thumb

Color Me Grey is the first book in The Alexis Stanton Chronicles.

All three books are available for download at Smashwords and on Kindle for iPad. Color Me Grey is also available at iBooks.

Here is an excerpt from a review of Color Me Grey:

" I have always loved books where female leads are thrust into, what is stereotypically, a man’s position, and this little ditty is no exception. J.C. Phelps did a wonderful job of weaving suspense, intrigue, and lust, resulting in what was a very pleasurable, and solid read. Each character had their own unique qualities and the use of “code names” while developing each was an engaging way to keep the reader guessing as to who they “really” were. The plot, however, is where Phelps’ writing really shined. As a reader the push and pull of a story is what keeps you reading. “Where is this going?” “I know something big is about to happen… but what is it?” This more than anything is what made “Color Me Grey” so exciting, you could always feel something bubbling just under the surface… even in the most sedated moments of monologue.

Happy reading my fellow Junkies and remember: if the application asks how long it takes for you to assemble an m16… chances are they aren’t looking for a receptionist."

To see the review in its entirety you can go to Kindle

Joseph Mitchell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
shardmountain.com
Wow, this thread is really exploding. I just got word of it from the author's forum on kindleboards, so I came to join in and tell you about my post apocalypse fantasy novel, Shard Mountain, which is now available at the iBookstore.

51RxSm-pCnL._SS500_.jpg

Shard Mountain by Joseph Mitchell - Sci-fi / Fantasy

Charles Rogers, a young computer geek, thought he was going to prison, but an unexpected bus accident changes his life forever. He wakes up more than five-hundred years later in a dark metal tomb, where an artificially intelligent hologram informs him that he's now the property of the Synaptech corporation, and that technically, he's no longer a human being.

This begins Charles' quest to discover what happened to him during his long sleep, as he learns to cope with life in a new world. The ancient cities lie in ruins, destroyed by a cataclysmic war while he slept. Civilization is in the process of rebuilding, but life in general has reverted to a more primitive state, similar to life on the frontier in the old west. Charles will need to learn to survive in a world where mutations are common among people and animals, and pieces of fantastic ancient technology lie buried in the ruins, waiting to be reclaimed.

Can Charles adapt to his new life in the future, disconnected from everything and everyone he ever knew? And what about the hologram's warning, that he won't be able to survive for very long away from his sleep pod? Should he believe it, or trust his gut feeling that he's still the same person he always was?

It's been getting some good reviews at amazon, so if this looks like something you'd enjoy, please go and take a look. It's available for all major ebook readers through smashwords, the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P9X8Z2"]kindle[/ame] store, and of course, the [ame="http://itunes.apple.com/book/isbn9781452386508"]iBookstore[/ame]. It's also available in [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Shard-Mountain-Joseph-Mitchell/dp/145289048X/ref=tmm_pap_title_0"]paperback[/ame], though I suspect many people reading this have moved on from paper books.

Check out my website, to learn more about the book, and view my art galleryof images I created for it.

- Joseph Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions