What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shameless Promote Your Book Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a problem, officer? Would you prefer another arrangement?

I love the look and feel of this site but I'm mostly here lurking as an ipad owner wannabe. I usually read more than comment on most forums, but as a writer with a book available on ipad, this seemed like an appropriate place to post.

i appreciate the author come here to promote their creation, but some personal comment will be more appreciate than a copy/paste for web marketing

this purely my point of view

ASparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i appreciate the author come here to promote their creation, but some personal comment will be more appreciate than a copy/paste for web marketing

this purely my point of view

Yes. You're right. It's rude to post what's basically an ad. Let this be a lesson to future writers who post here.

I apologize for not being more personable, but I don't like talking about myself. So I'll leave that to the authors who do. I'll delete the offending post and go back to lurking.

Great site, by the way. Some day I'll get myself an iPad. It probably won't be until the next generation comes along, though. I like the look of e-ink on Kindles and Nooks, but the versatility of the iPad can't be beat.

Last edited:

M. H. Sargent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two top notch thrillers

If you're using the Kindle App, you can download my two thrillers.

In SEVEN DAYS FROM SUNDAY, a beautiful young Iraqi woman, kidnapped by a terrorist, escapes his clutches and goes to the Americans inside the Green Zone for help. But instead of protecting her, they ask her to go back to the terrorist and do as he asks. Why? Because they know he is planning a devastating attack in the next few days and time is running out on finding out what the attack is and stopping it.

That, and the fact that all is fair in love and war. And we are at war.

Here is what a customer recently wrote, giving it a 5-star review: "I can highly recommend this book. It is well constructed, very timely and hard to put down. It is written as a thriller (and meets that goal), but it includes lots of content from the perspective of contemporary Iraqi civilians and presents what appears to be a revealing view of life in the post-Saddam world. Well worth the time."

In the sequel, THE SHOT TO DIE FOR, a photograph results in a kidnapping. A U.S. soldier's murder results in the discovery of a hidden computer flash drive. The consequence of these two events? A deadly game cat and mouse game between the CIA team and a fanatical terrorist group. At stake? The complete collapse of Iraq's banking system.

M.H. Sargent

netnaut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent Idea, Bravo!

286e0ab7d5a550d190483f21f01275286040f112

TOP FOUR FINALIST IN "OPERATION FIRST NOVEL" by Tyndale House Publishing.

Is Jason Tardin a god? The people of Vrin believe so, and why shouldn't they? After all, he has the power to manipulate the invisible wire structures upon which their world is painted. But, if he IS a god, then why can't he remember? Dreams, virtual reality, and the world between life and death collide in this surreal mystery, where nothing is quite as it seems.

Coming soon to the Ipad, via smashwords.com

mamiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maureenamiler.com
VICTORY COVE - Danger and Romance on Maine's Coast

May I dip my toes in the water? :eek:

I don't know if anyone loved those Victoria Holt gothic romances as much as I did, but that's pretty much what you get with me.

Danger. Romance. Dark cliffs. Sinister house. That's generally my formula. :) Of course that same formula was used in Scooby Doo.

WIDOW'S TALE -
41z1gKeugrL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.
It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.

VICTORY COVE -
51qQBBc9ccL._SL500_SS100_.jpg

Megan Summers thought that she was safe in the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. For a year she hid in seclusion, preparing for the battle ahead by building her own target range and practicing adaptability in the darkened halls of Wakefield House. But, today a stranger appeared on her doorstep. Was he it? Was he her executioner?
For Jake Grogan, his trek to Victory Cove started out with a cryptic letter from a woman who after thirty-five years of silence identified herself as his mother. He was told to locate Wakefield House, the home of his grandmother. Jake found the sinister residence on the outermost crag of the ocean, but the woman who answered the door was not elderly. She was young, attractive, and looked like she would do about anything to get him off her doorstep.

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
His Robot Girlfriend

Robot+Cover.JPG

My science-fiction novel His Robot Girlfriend is available free at Smashwords.com, Feedbooks.com, and Manybooks.net. It should be in the ibookstore by now, but I can't check until my iPad gets here (Jun 4) :(.

Mike Smith's life was crap, living all alone, years after his wife had died and his children had grown up and moved away. Then he saw the commercial for the Daffodil. Far more than other robots, the Daffodil could become anything and everything he wanted it to be. Mike's life is about to change.

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess

Elven+Princess.jpg

Eaglethorpe Buxton and the Elven Princess is a comedy/fantasy story and is available free at both Smashwords.com and Feedbooks.com. It should also be appearing at iBooks soon. Remember, it is free. Don't pay for it.

Eaglethorpe Buxton, famed adventurer and story-teller, friend to those in need of a friend and guardian to those in need of a guardian. He is a liar and braggart, not to be trusted, especially around pies. Who are we to believe? Buxton himself leads us through his world as he comes to the aid of… a poor orphan? An elven princess? Who can guess with Eaglethorpe himself telling the tale?

Code9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ashreturnofthebeast.webs.com
Wow, Simon. Having written one novel and now working on my second I know what a time consuming procedure it is. So I'm impressed by the number of books you've written! When do you eat or sleep? LOL

Code9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ashreturnofthebeast.webs.com
The Ezekiel Code - "2012 is coming...Or is it?"

EzekielCodeKindleAd.jpg

"The plot is intriguing and interesting to the point of being bestseller material."

-- Red Adept's Kindle Book Review Blog

I'm pleased to announce my debut novel, The Ezekiel Code, is enjoying its 28th week as an amazon.com "Best Seller" in "Occult" and "Religious Fiction" as of the date of this posting! Thank you, readers!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

code9bucket

code9bucket

It's all here in one puzzling page-turner of a novel: conspiracy, codes, prophecy, secret societies, UFOs, ancient mysteries, esoteric lore, the prophetic Mayan calendar end-date of 2012, alternative interpretations of Biblical events, mystifying metaphysics, good guys, bad guys, murder most foul, a touch of romance and a trace of sci-fi. All of this, and more, is intricately woven into the multifaceted storyline of THE EZEKIEL CODE

Gary Val Tenuta - former contributing writer for Fate Magazine (U.S.) and Beyond Magazine (U.K.) and a guest on numerous radio programs (including Dreamland, hosted by best selling author Whitley Strieber and The X-Zone hosted by Rob McConnell) - has crafted a provocative mystery novel with an esoteric edge that may upset certain segments of the population while at the same time enthralling others with it's alternative perspective on reality and its vision for the future.

From its cryptic prologue to its dramatic climax, THE EZEKIEL CODE blends fact and fiction into a tale of mystery, adventure and high strangeness:

Zeke Banyon is a handsome Catholic seminary dropout who now runs a homeless shelter in Seattle's old waterfront district. Angela Ann Martin is an attractive young widow who just wants a simple part-time job at the shelter. But a single twist of fate turns their simple lives upside down when together they stumble onto a mysterious code and a rumor about a lost scroll penned by the prophet, Ezekiel, thousands of years ago. They soon find themselves tumbling down the rabbit hole into a world of secret societies, metaphysics, mystery and murder as they jet across continents in a race to understand the code that will lead them to an ancient artifact of profound importance. Dodging rogue Jesuit priests at every turn and unaware that the Illuminati are ever-present in the shadows, Zeke and Angela soon discover it's not just their own lives that are in danger but also the lives of everyone on the planet.

Is Zeke Banyon the Chosen One of an obscure ancient prophecy? And if so, can he successfully accomplish the mission fate has in store for him? Nothing in seminary school could ever have prepared him for this.

2012 is coming... Or is it?
The clock is ticking…The code must be deciphered…And only one man can save the planet...If he can just figure out how...Before it's too late.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gary Val Tenuta gives Dan Brown a run for his "Lost Symbol" money with The Ezekiel Code."
– Laura Faeth, author of "I FOUND ALL THE PARTS: Healing the Soul Through Rock 'n' Roll"

"The plot is intriguing and interesting to the point of being bestseller material."
- Red Adept's Kindle Book Review Blog

"Entertaining and enlightening. A course in high strangeness."
– Jay Weidner, documentary producer and co-author of Mysteries of the Great Cross of Hendaye

"High-concept fiction. An unforgettable book."
– Rai Aren, co-author of Secret of the Sands

"An impressive feat."
– Peter A. Gersten, editor, PAG eNews

"Highly Recommended!"
– Michael Tsarion, internationally renown divination scholar, author and lecturer

THE EZEKIEL CODE, an EVVY Award nominee, is available in paperback and Kindle.

Watch all 3 video trailers (including a video presentation of the entire prologue), read the first 12 chapters (free!) and see several full reviews

Moderation Notice:This post has been edited by the iPadForums staff in accordance with the Forum Rules No External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

rndballref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Advantage Disadvantage: A Sports Murder Mystery 99 cents

My debut novel Advantage Disadvantage is based on my 18+ years as an Illinois High School Basketball Official. The book weaves a tale of greed and corruption of the adults surrounding a prep basketball phenom around Chicago. You might recognize some of the characters in this thriller. Here's what one reader said:

"Advantage Disadvantage is a nail-biting, behind-the-scenes pass into the world of high school sports and the people who make and break it. Set in Chicago, its innately urban backdrop is full of distinctly Windy City landmarks. This is the perfect read for sports fans that love an insider's view...an insightful and deliciously-sinful plot full of twists and turns. You'll find the perfect blend of bravery, betrayal and who-done-it adventure in this vividly penned thriller. "

Download it for 99 cents and enjoy!

Yale R Jaffe
author, Advantage Disadvantage

HistoryWes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Senta and the Steel Dragon

Senta and the Steel Dragon is a science-fiction steam-punk adventure series. The intoductory novella, Brechalon is free at either Smashwords or Feedbooks.com.

4e21364c46c93517151c4c93a781277dc807276a

Brechalon is the novella-length prequel to The Voyage of the Minotaur and the books which follow in the story of Senta and the Steel Dragon. Meet the people who will change a world-- the Dechantagnes, wealthy siblings from a disgraced aristocratic family who plot their revenge; the imprisoned sorceress Zurfina; and Senta, the orphan girl who will one day rise to great fame and power.

The first full-length novel in the series is The Voyage of the Minoatur, and is available at Smashwords for $4.99, but you can get $1.00 off with the coupon code:DW38Q until 2/3/11.

b0c56f8c49a20e881bcc83bd8e17a8f8c71a51a1

In a world of steam power and rifles, where magic has not yet been forgotten, an expedition sets out to found a colony in a lost world. The Voyage of the Minotaur is a story of adventure and magic, religion and prejudice, steam engines and dinosaurs, angels and lizardmen, machine guns and wizards, sorceresses, bustles and corsets, steam-powered computers, hot air balloons, and dragons.

Both books should also be available by now at the iBookstore, but there have been some listing issues, so don't pay more than the above listed prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts